Nugget finder evo 14x9 Evolution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not, but Nugget Finder are about to release an Evolution version of their famous 14x9" size.
This will be the smallest elliptical spiral wound coil on the market, so should offer fantastic sensitivity. Weight is 800g, same as the 12" Evo, and price is the same too at $460.

1457443230_14x9_forum.jpg

Really looking forward to giving this one a whirl.

Nenad

Nenad I will be interested to see your review of this NF Evolution 14x9 coil. Maybe this one will be sensitive enough, there is no need to have the 8x6 Sadie along.

Nice work John. Seems to be a popular coil, I only got a couple left and I haven't even tried one yet.

Today was the first time I used it and I was surprised on how quiet it ran I did not alter the gain or stab but running the audio on boost was good the size is just right for getting around those clumps of grass :)

Mate, My purchace of an NF evo is imminent! Waiting for the sale of a fishing reel on gumtree to fund it.
The areas im looking are mainly sub gram gold, but there is always the chance of a big one, my mate scored a 62grammer last year in the same area, so what im asking is, should I go, the 12" or the 14 x 9. I like elipitical coils, have a 10 x 6 razorback on my tdi atm. Will the 14 x 9 still see the big ones at depth with a 4500? Or should imstick with the 11"....please don, t tell me to buy both!
Atm , I only have a commander11" dd and the 15 x12 commander.

I would like to see some comparison depth tests between the new NF Evo 14x9, 11" Elite, and a standard 11" commander. On grain size targets to gram plus size nuggets.

Picking mine up to day then out for 2 weeks around George Town was there last week for 10 days got two bits for 1.2 g I think I missed lost of small bits as gpz out did me every day by experience and no experience operator be good to get the small bits I know I missed let you know how it goes.

Great, im tossing up with the 12" and the 14 x 9........leaning toward the 14 x 9, just hope it can still see the bigger bits at the same depth as the 12?

Hey mate, I currently have a all but brand new 17x13 for sale that will do all that your asking for. Don't be put off by the size of it, it does find small gold.

Message me if you would like more info

Gave the 14x9" Evo it's first run today, very impressed. So stable, very light, no bungy cord all day.
Used the 12" evo first in a spot I've pulled a few bits with both the SDC and GPZ but never really gridded it. Pulled 2 nice bits with the 12" which was a shock.
Did a grid from two directions and only found 1 more target a bit of flattened lead.

Then put on the 14x9" and went over the same ground. Got a bit of iron, two bits of flattened aluminium and a small hematite?? rock. No more gold so went for a wander. Nothing much happening so went back to the spot I started in and got a really faint signal, and out popped another nugget. Then shortly after another one. Couldn't believe it. The area is only about 4 x 15m, and I've been over it with the SDC and once with the GPZ, but I haven't gridded it or tried all setting combinations. Very surprised to pull 4 nice bits with the GPX5000. Got most of it on video but will be a few days before I put it together and upload.

Will definitely be going back with a bigger coil, and will try the GPZ again and see what happens.

First gut feeling is the 12" may have a slight edge on depth on bits around a gram, but 14x9" has the edge on smaller bits, maybe half gram or bits on edge. But very early days. I briefly tested it in Sens Extra on a quieter section of ground and it performed very well. Looking forward to trying that combo in some milder ground patches both here and in Vic.

I haven't tried the 14x9 yet but got a .02 at at least 4 inches with the 12 that I know I missed with the sdc. Wether or not I didn't pick up the faint signal from the sdc I can't say but was a definite from the 12 inch . Could be many variables. But got plenty of littles with the sdc that the 12 couldn't find so they still all have there place.

Will be waiting for some info 7an7 , I head back to Tibooburra in June so I may have a new coil to test on my favourite ground . The Sadie did well last year but was detecting along side an Sdc 2300 and was definitely outdone . Tossed up buying a 2300 but a trip to Miners Den in Cairns and talking with you , the jury's out . Will check in and see how you went .

Bjay said:
got a .02 at at least 4 inches with the 12

Wow that sure is one tiny nugget at 0.02g from a depth of 4 inches as I am yet to detect nuggets under 0.10g with my 12 Evo on my 5000.

Rush said:
Bjay said:
got a .02 at at least 4 inches with the 12

Wow that sure is one tiny nugget at 0.02g from a depth of 4 inches as I am yet to detect nuggets under 0.10g with my 12 Evo on my 5000.
Bit of a typo was .2 not .02

Glad to hear the Evo coils are doing well and producing small bits at good depth. I do not doubt they are better than the older coils, but I began to question weather they are that far ahead of the older coils. The reason being is the other day I put on my Wallaby coil DD and got a faith signal....and after locating what has to be the smallest piece I ever found .22 g at 2-3 inches on a slope brought me more confidence in keeping some of my older coils. Unfortunately, I can count 4 of my older coils have gone bad....I will replace them with the newer ones perhaps a Evo, or 14" Elite or Detech 15. I still have the Nuggetfinder 17" E..Mono and a new 15x9 Detech dd I am happy with. It's to bad after 2-3 years these coils become unstable and pointless to use..granted I do use them often, 4-5 times a week and they all have paid for themselves many times over. Just wish they lasted a bit longer....

Thanks for posting that AU wanderer, I didn, t realise they had a "shelf life". Will keep that in mind, was going to buy a couple of 2nd hand coils, but will save, and just buy them new.

If I had to wait a few extra weeks to buy a new coil rather than a used one, I would wait and buy a new coil. In fact the two or three used ones I did buy, went bad in a year. Thankfully it was not a total waste, as I did find gold with them. But I did notice when they go unstable..they are worthless. From now on....only new coils.. :)

Latest posts