No detecting today ....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
One day when being in lockdown makes no difference to me (it does really) .....

Too cold to be out detecting around Ballarat today .....

Cheers T.
1601010416_f6f89608-784b-4c99-ad5a-0e748fc3b931_1_201_a.jpg

:| Nar thats too COLD :cloudy: :cloudy:
But you could do a spin off of ice road truckers :rolleyes:
Maybe called :lol: :lol: Cold as :poop: staying home Prospecting :lol: :lol:
Just putting it out there :D

Jaros said:
atm Barallat temp is 1.2C at 9 am it was 2.9C--hate the place for it's temperature variations. :awful:
Jaros.

Trust me, there has been no temperature variation in Ballarat today !!! Really cold ALL day. Snowed heavy for about 2 hours or so earlier this morning and only just melting after light rain now. You get used to temperature variations.

dam it said:
:| Nar thats too COLD :cloudy: :cloudy:
But you could do a spin off of ice road truckers :rolleyes:
Maybe called :lol: :lol: Cold as :poop: staying home Prospecting :lol: :lol:
Just putting it out there :D
Last time i went prospecting in freezing conditions ( sluicing in a creek ) ,i shattered a tooth from the cold.All rugged up but my face was bitter cold. Best staying off the roads during the snow. Too many idiots out there as it is .

A cold day is the best time for your machine,the coils function best when it is cool.
Just put testers on the coil and look at readings.

when i was a kid i used to look forward to a good fall of snow because i used to charge people a penny to shovel the snow from their front door to their front gate . i had a few customers and it meant extra money on top of my thrupence a week pocket money .that was the other side of the world though .

When I was growing up in the sixties I made a lot of money shoveling snow used to get anywhere from two to three feet of snow a week miss those days as a kid but don't miss the snow

BigWave said:
MegsyB007 said:
I think that's the rest of Australia giving Victoria the cold shoulder...
Megsy, I like the old adage, that: "No one and nothing of any intelligence came from the tropics" :lol:

And you ask us to lay off the Victorians Pete. I think it might be open season shortly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug