Nicest place to call home in Australia?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in the U.K. have lived in Malaysia, spent time in Singapore and Thailand. I've lived in Wagga, Newcastle, Perth and mainly Adelaide.

My answer to the original question - Australia, best place on the planet and if you are happy in your life, doesn't really matter which part. :) :Y:

silver said:
Heatho said:
golddiggerart said:
Heatho said:
Central Coast is pretty good, I moved to Terrigal from near Manly and love it here. Heaps more easy going. Detecting sux though.

Buy a wetsuit, jump in the water.. :D :lol:

With the brain injury I have mate I can't really swim if things get hairy, would love to get in the water but would be seriously risking my life.

Is it an open wound ?

No lol, my right arm is half paralysed mate, right hand next to useless. Right leg isn't great either.

Smoky bandit said:
Heatho said:
Central Coast is pretty good, I moved to Terrigal from near Manly and love it here. Heaps more easy going. Detecting sux though.
Thats because Money Pot (Tim) has already found it all.
Only fresh drops now mate. :lol: :Y:

I've met Tim a few times, dunno if he got it all but I reckon he might have got a fair chunk of it. :lol:

Same with me on the Northern Beaches, I don't reckon I left many silvers around there. :D

I have got plenty of silvers from the northern beaches , what are you talking about ???

1616559982_img_0718.jpg

These are my silver 3 penny's from the Northern Beaches . I sold some of my 2 bobs .

Can you show some of yours? I have plenty of six pence one shillings and two bobs . I have been around for a long time . Started on the beach with a Garrett Deep seeker before one and two dollar coins .

How many can you count ? 150 - 200 or more ?

There are 186 in the photo , best offer plus postage and you can have them .

Mike678 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16778/1616559982_img_0718.jpg

These are my silver 3 penny's from the Northern Beaches . I sold some of my 2 bobs .

Can you show some of yours? I have plenty of six pence one shillings and two bobs . I have been around for a long time . Started on the beach with a Garrett Deep seeker before one and two dollar coins .

Hey Mike, that's not bad. I started in about 2014 with an Aldi detector, here are a few silvers I found mostly I think with that.

1616562979_20151216_195006.jpg

Then upgraded to a CTX and results improved dramatically. Here's a few found with that.

1616563061_20160717_112806.jpg

Not saying I cleaned out every spot, though the spots I concentrated on are pretty depleted, or depleted enough that I lost interest and moved to other spots.

It'd be hard to work out a fair enough price without knowing how many of them are pre 1945 Mike :Y:

For example.... if there were 20 pre 1945 and 166 post 1945 then 10% below spot would be about $137 (very roughly)... at todays prices

Only visited, but top of my list might well be Esperance in WA.

Got serious about moving to South Coast NSW a couple of years ago, which for me would arguably be the destination of choice, probably for the best it didnt eventuate.

Spoilt for choice really, nice to hear others thoughts though, good topic from the OP.

OzzieAu said:

I used to live on clifftop crescent there. 2 storey timber house, end of the street. Beaches are crap. Just rocks, I haven't looked back since leaving. Hallett cove has nothing compared to central coast NSW.

Heatho said:
Mike678 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16778/1616559982_img_0718.jpg

Hey Mike, that's not bad. I started in about 2014 with an Aldi detector, here are a few silvers I found mostly I think with that.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1616562979_20151216_195006.jpg

Then upgraded to a CTX and results improved dramatically. Here's a few found with that.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1616563061_20160717_112806.jpg

Not saying I cleaned out every spot, though the spots I concentrated on are pretty depleted, or depleted enough that I lost interest and moved to other spots.
There just the ones in ya pocket Heatho.
Ya being modest mate :) :Y:

Mike678 said:
I have got plenty of silvers from the northern beaches , what are you talking about ???

You the guy that did balmoral early to mid 80's if so i pestered my mum to buy me a dick smith or tandy machine. I learn't to take 10-20 cent pieces of my own and throw the odd one in front of me to stop feeling like a goose when no one was looking :lol:

Most times i walked home cause no bus money :rolleyes: Man what a goose either way.

Anywhere in aus is the best place for me if i was anywhere else in the world it would be because i was taken prisoner.

I have lived up and down the east coast between The Goldy and Newcastle ,and as a young fella lived in the central west. seen most places in between
I love the coast as much as I love the bush. Put me in either environment and I'm in my element :Y:
I reckon Iv found my spot you could never get me out of. For the last 20 years I've lived in Tea Gardens. Just north of Newcastle.
Got it all here. The beach/ ocean ,the bay , the river,lakes and good people
Home is where your heart is and mine is here. But I do like to get away and see somewhere I've never been before in the search of the Yella :goldpan:

Smoky bandit said:
Heatho said:
Mike678 said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1616562979_20151216_195006.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1616563061_20160717_112806.jpg

There just the ones in ya pocket Heatho.
Ya being modest mate :) :Y:

:lol:

They add up over time mate. :money:

Yes that was me at Balmoral Beach ! My mother lived in the block of flats next to the swim club . I did live with my mother there from time to time . The flats belonged to the council and were knocked down and made into open space . It was a solid well built block from the 30's but needed re wiring and re plumbing . A war vet was living there and they could not kick him out . He moved up the Central Coast and so they knocked it down . My mother went to live in Raglan St .

At that time there was nobody else out detecting on the beach . Set back was having to buy 6 -9 volt batteries and no 1 or 2 coins .

Latest posts