Nicest place to call home in Australia?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was just saying on another thread how much I really would love to live on the NSW central coast of Australia. Truly great place, lovely towns and cities.

If you could chose a place you would rather be, or perhaps you're already there,

Where is the nicest spot to call home in Australia?

I guess for some of us it's just a choice. We don't live in the most beautiful place, it's dry, hot, we have flies, sometimes mossies, very little grass or anything green for that matter but we are here because it's where we choose to be. Mainly because of the gold and relics but it's also amazingly peaceful and safe. We don't see any drugs, drunken behaviour or violence. The nights and mornings are serine however I do miss crystal clear running water and lush rainforest. Perhaps we'll make a change one day if we feel the urge ;) .

Now if only we had an aboriginal foreign minister with total power.... ahh... hom'd be peacful (or else aye) ! :p

Well, I've been around the country a bit and stayed in lots of nice places...The Central Coast is no doubt a very nice area to live...we have spent time up around Forster..Myall lakes and all the way up to Byron Bay and there is a plethora of good spots along the way...such is the splendour of our East Coast life style. :cool: Though right now is not a good time to be in many of the places suffering such devastating floods. :( Port Macquarie for example...hope all you people can overcome this terrible crisis. For us here in the Illawarra, well we've been blessed with top-class beaches that run the length of the District,(17-18 of them.. Lake Illawarra and the sea provides us with seafood of every kind... and the rainforests and escarpment offer wonderful experiences and un-parallelled views of the city and the entire coastline...the downside these days is ...everybody wants to live here and our sleepy little hollows are rapidly being consumed by housing and other consequences of over-development..ie traffic and crowds!...But I guess that's happening in a lot of places....still we are very happy where we are in Shellharbour..sand and surf,fish'n and boating..not bad..not bad :cool:

It's a beautiful country, being in Melbourne for 17 years and there are forests and beaches just a short drive away.. I love it here, can detect yo my hearts content or take a drive to do some gold panning.

Living inland now, although I'm on the Macquarie river, I really miss the beach. Not the swimming part, the fishing I miss. Love coastal towns alot.

golddiggerart said:
Heatho said:
Central Coast is pretty good, I moved to Terrigal from near Manly and love it here. Heaps more easy going. Detecting sux though.

Buy a wetsuit, jump in the water.. :D :lol:

Good point. Waterproof detector, shallow water. Probably more gold there than tibooburra :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Heatho said:
Central Coast is pretty good, I moved to Terrigal from near Manly and love it here. Heaps more easy going. Detecting sux though.

With the brain injury I have mate I can't really swim if things get hairy, would love to get in the water but would be seriously risking my life.

Heatho said:
Thats because Money Pot (Tim) has already found it all.
Only fresh drops now mate. :lol: :Y:

Moved here in 1978, quiet little location, 500metres to one of the user friendliest beaches. Warnbro sound.
Our older Waikiki suburb approx 850 square meter blocks have plentiful greenery, birds and bees.
A new suburb built nearby in past 15 years is devoid of all this. Most homes have double garages but their cars are parked in the driveways because the garages have all their equipment stored in there because there is no room for a tree let alone a shed.
Greedy mongrel real estate are only interested in doubling their :money:

Panorama shot of our beach ringed with protective reef teeming with fishes and delicious crayfish.

1616543693_warnbro_panorama_001.jpg

Heatho said:
golddiggerart said:
Heatho said:

With the brain injury I have mate I can't really swim if things get hairy, would love to get in the water but would be seriously risking my life.

Is it an open wound ?

Latest posts