Next1m8 Show and tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next1m8 said:
so does anyone know how to upload videos onto here?
The only way I know is to upload the video to Youtube first then click on the YT button and copy/paste the video link.
There's probably other easier ways but this'll get you started.
I must say you're blood keen with the efforts you've put in for the gold recovered, no doubt you'll reap rewards for effort soon, I'm enjoying following your thread and love your enthusiasm.

theres a whole swagger of indicators, research the indicator for that goldfield is a good start, mineralization is what you are looking for. could be iron, could be pyrites, could be yellow. only way to tell is crush and pan mate. best money you will ever spend is buy a 40 x Lupe use some water to wet the sample and inspect closely.

Next1m8 said:
yobskin said:
Thats a tuff question wots the next1m8... ?

Next one mate - in other words just waiting for the next one

I couldnt help myself apoligies if it offended."shites n giggles".if i could help i will.. i knew some one would soon enough.
I too am following your gold conquest and lovin it. And cant wait to see your short films! :D

No offence taken at all brother she's all good mate :)

I've got a ton of clean ups too do today a few pics of the gold shall follow after that and then probably won't be posting for a week as I need a hand carting/classifying and setting up my new sluice for clean up

Fair to say with the help of everyone on this site I'm starting to get pretty good, big thanks to DWt for INsperation to continue, all the helpful advice on setting up. mbasko for the helpful links, golddig for making me learn the hard way, yourself yobskin for all your pictures and advice and keeping me looking for the next one and too all and anyone else following my post and what not

Cheers to prospector Pete I know my rewards so far are very small but for a newby I'm trying my hardest to learn and each and every time I go for a dig I come back with more and more, soon to hit the pay streak soon I can feel it's just around the corner

Bucket No#2 clean up.
1429185680_image.jpg
Better than yesterday had to stop bcos I killed my pump battery.. Dead flat.

If the hole is not all that deep and in a not too traveled area put two sticks in a cross over the hole. People will see this and not fall in.
That is a well recognized sign that some one is working the hole and plans too come back.
Only problem is claim jumpers. LOL
If the hole is reasonably deep and same situation in a remote area take a bit of orange rope and make a triangular tee pee out of 3 sticks above the hole.
Then if some one accidentally finds your hole, They will not fall in it.
Well done on your efforts. I wold love to find chunky stuff like that again. LOL

I posed this question to a Depi officer on one of my many trips to their offices, his concern was not only people that fall and break a leg in the open hole, but also the wildlife that could drop in there, hard work getting a snake out, kangaroo with a broken leg and so on, he seemed happy enough with the idea of a pellet with a cheapie tarp wrapped around it to cover the hole, so in my haste to dig out the 'welcome nugget' found many moons ago at the depths of Ballarat, I lugged in a chep pellet, brother of dwt came out for a dig, his comment, why didn't you lug in a pine pellet that ways half the amount............DOH!.........
I'm not saying this is 100% legal but a state parks officer was happy enough with my efforts, he did say however that I was not to go below head height, with work safe and other regulations governing hole depths and battering I would of been creating to much land disturbance, at the end of the day, it was deep enough to let me know that there was nothing there 8.(

Ps, State Forest too, not a National Park! 8)

Chep pallet is about 50 Kilo's. LOL
You must have been keen mate. :D
I suppose that if I found a hunk of gold, I would do the same thing.

It's been wet out here for the last little while, good chance for my panning water supply to replenish, lost reverse gear in my SS t56 a couple days ago so my next thing is to replace my whole gearbox 800 is the cheapest I found with a bit of bartering, there goes almost the last of my savings too :-(

I'm gonna dig this sucker down to the bedrock, I wanna see what's under this thick mud, done a dig 5 feet from my hole 6inches of top silt and was amazed how nice the gravel was under it sadly I must have veered off from the gold line as I inly got 4-5 flecks from the whole sample this is why I need water beside me to save hassle and test pan on site. Goin to move to the left 3-4 foot of that hole and give her a test and hope that it's got more decent color. Bedrock can't be too deep can it?

Cheers heaps GD hopefully I do have some luck, I'll let you know soon enough bro. Maybe if it's worth it your welcome to come and help yourself too

So after being a little upset with my spot being demolished (litteraly) I decided to check out this other patch dug down to what I thought may have been the wash layer to find clay I took some small fiskar scoupes and did a test pan
1430211324_image.jpg

Decided that I would rather set up the sluice another day so I just spent a bit of time digging deeper and washing the stones from the clay and classify it to bring home.
1430211391_image.jpg

I'll show results once I proccess it too sore after work and going to call it an early one tonight

Hi Eski, I sinceraly appreciate that mate but I have already a 2000gp/h bilge pump and just got a petrol pump. I appreciate it none the less :)