Next1m8 Show and tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so went out for a dig today for about 2 1/2 hours, found some shale/slate looking stuff and I seen some pyrite crystals on the outside so I decided to break it open, threw it against a rock and it bloody bounced back and hit me in the shin
1431347040_image.jpg

I cursed the darn thing, shook my leg and continued to break it apart I was really amazed when I seen several veins of pyrite running through it. I figured it must have been pyrite ore. I've never seen it in its natural ore body, I thought it was a gold vein at first then realised it wasn't pretty quickly but I threw it up on the bank to take back home later and forgot to pick it up because it was dark when packing up.

Anyway I seen a couple people walking on the walkway and thought I heard someone talking I spun around and old mate whom I've never seen was standing there talking, I Heard nothing until I looked at him and he was saying he'd found the missing reef, I had a chuckle to myself thinking I've got no idea what you're on about, anyway old mate took 45 min of my time talking so I chucked my pan under the banker and shut the pump off to save fuel and listen to him properly entertained old mate and did a clean up at the same time.

Anyway this is what I found for my couple hours worth
1431347417_image.jpg

I need to get this big Boulder out of the way I dug around it but it's still being a difficult task to dig deeper, I know why they say round nose shovels are best because my square mouth just is a pain big time

Thanks for reading ;)

Nice show of colour there mate.....and did you get out of the old fell where the missing reef was?

1431414765_image.jpg
Well funny thing MJB he told me he found it because of rabbits haha so I'm questioning his sources haha

Ok so firstly the pictures are of the pyrite ore
1431414667_image.jpg
1431414719_image.jpg
1431414836_image.jpg

Ok so last of all I found this I think it's gold but I really have no idea it's got that natural nugget shape and gold coloration but I really don't know its a weighty little sucker and won't move in my pan
1431414917_image.jpg
1431414942_image.jpg
1431414985_image.jpg

nice chunk!! looks like gold probably should weight in a bit more than that on the scasles for the size.... if i'm right in assuming you are still working the same river then its possibly slag ive pulled several slag nuggtes myself but for the meantime call it gold mate :)

easy way to tell is if you chuck it in hydrochloric acid and it goes black after you've pulled it out its brass/copper slag. if it stays nice and shiny should be gold. hope its the latter for your sake.

Cheers Golddig, see at very first I thought it was slag too mate I'm going to take to a friends to throw it in his acid solution and fingers crossed it's gold but I'll be happy either way :)

Nah no games doug, not today anyway :p

Also lost my capture pot for my sucker, popped off and well water was above waist height and fast I was off to the sides of the Rapids in the calm section and off she went

:D
k man said:
Haha I think your supposed to blank out the license number to when you post these things.bahahajajahaha.I was looking for a new alias. :p
I dont think I would want to assume the identity of a chubby 32 yr old Kman :D
So next1mate, is that a slug of gold or some other yellow metal?? it looks the goods from where I am sitting

How about naming the kebab shop next1m8 so us locals can all see if its a good as you say!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts