Next1m8 Show and tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next1m8

Chris
Reaction score
1427888051_image.jpg

1427887961_image.jpg
I thought I'd show my test pan from a 20ltr bucket I dug very shallow so I'm keen to dig deeper need some assistance as its pretty silty top layers, wondering if I should just dig around it, this is my clean up after the home made highbanker sluice went to run bucket 2 but forgot to charge my battery for the pump still have some cons to keep going through another time

I put the flour gold into another vial dnt like the flakes in with flour, I would love to get back out there but I need a better pump and a washer so I dnt have to work this silt out with a classiffier, got a quarts splinter. Got the missus with her long nails to squeeze the little bugger out, still have to work another bucket thru once I get my battery charged up.. I'm in the process of mapping the river I think within a few months and test panning a hundred times with probably 100 meters depth in total test holes I'm hoping to get closer to the source of this gold

Good sized bits goldigg@ ,I wish I had that kinda stuff just laying around in buckets.

Looks awesome gd, sadly only got out for about an hour and a half to run the last Bucket thru the highbanker out yarowee creek today had to leave bcos my 1 1/5 year old was just going nuts, trying to tell me he wanted to go home. ha ha I have a nice ball of iron stone stuck to my magnet
1427966404_image.jpg
, my son found some grapes in the pan he stole
1427966440_image.jpg
and well there are my cons I need to work thru
1427966489_image.jpg
1427966554_image.jpg
Sucked up the obviouse bit dwn river and will sort out the rest later

Hopefully this edit works

Here are some more lost & found items a set of keys, multiple tiny nails. A pin from some sort of badge and naturally what we all find lead
1427966880_image.jpg
will upload pics of me and my son running my mini high banker later when my gf sends it to me off her phone, not sure if u can see well but here is the little bit I sucked out with my tweezer sucker
1427967128_image.jpg

I got the dirt from just out of Ballarat, had no water so I carted it back in these and hand classified it got a quarts splinter too
1427968359_image.jpg
first two pink ones are classified rocks, far back was silty and muddy so left that by itself and closer two are from closer to gravel bar so not as muddy

So this is the clean up from today, pretty minimal but still can't get enough gold and the hunt for it, who can tell me what that shinney stuff is? Is it Mercury?
1427982445_image.jpg
my before tailings jar
1427982492_image.jpg
and my after about 4 - 5 clean up tailings jar
1427982538_image.jpg
this is me and my little man running the mini high banker together
1427982577_image.jpg
he looks grumpy
1427982607_image.jpg

great pics mate, good to see your training the young fella up nice and young. Thanks for sharing your adventure

Cheers dwt I always love the chase for gold, it's more exciting when I know I've hit a good spot but lately it's not working to my advantage but I'll keep my spirits high, head down and arse up and keep on keeping on. Got some cons to go thru pulled out the bigger flat stuff but yeah fear I could be loosing anything larger thru this high banker

MMate,
Bottom right hand side of the last photo shows to me a huge rooster tail of water out the front of the banker.
I hope not. :eek:
Please correct me if I am wrong but if it is, you are shoving too much water through and too much high level..
Back the water off and drop your banker down a bit at the back. LOL
LIL fella shows he aint happy. PMSL

Hell of a pick up there Tathradj, I would of never noticed that till you mentioned it ;)
Next1, see if you can post photos of looking in the banker so we can see some pics of the water flow, some with gravel going through, some without :)

I think it is just his pan that he has smartfully placed there to catch his tailings....no rooster tail that I can see

It looks as if the bottom box is set at very steep drop. Lift up the bottom box at the front next time.
I am not sure what type of riffles you run, but it you are running Hungarian, just get it so the gravels collect behind it and start dancing, which is the vortex needed.
I just think you are washing valuable gold out the end of the box.
Good hunting and its great to see the young fella giving it a go.
Cheers
Brad....

Latest posts