New to the forum -- Western Sydney

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trolling through the forum for a long while and finally I bit the bullet and headed out a fortnight ago -- only found one TINY sapphire at Grabben Gullen but I have been well and truly bitten by the bug! Don't have all the flashest gear but I enjoy getting out and relaxing by a river and not having to worry about the time or any other dramas.

Can only go out some weekends as I work too much, but try and get on here as much as I can and live vicariously through the others who get out more frequently. I am just a young'n and have only recently moved to western Sydney so still finding my feet, but loving every minute of the adventure.

Thinking about heading out to Grabben Gullen again this weekend now that I actually have some sieves!! See how I get on!! Anyway, thanks for such an active forum and such great advice so far, really enjoy following the stories and everyones adventures.

All the best,

Hamish

Welcome to the forum Hamish. The prospecting bug can be very hard to fend off once you've found that first sapphire or flake of gold. Hope the forum goes a long way in helping with the research. Best of luck if you head out to Grabben Gullen this weekend and hope some sapphires find their way into your sieves.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts