New to the forum, looking for adventure!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greeting's all! - New to the forum, though I've been a regular on classifieds (99mines, minelistings and miningassets) websites for some years. I enjoy mining very much though I have experience with permits and research/exploration, funding and sales/markets and helping investors acquire precious metals, a buzz I've seen since 2008.

I once operated a sizeable mine with an exploration permit in Vancouver, mostly trommelling eluvial and alluvial rivers/beds, some black sand in New Zealand and now looking for a long term project in Australia as all the good sites and all the best books are based on Australian mining! (Yukon and Nevada aside). I traded gold and other precious metals for many years globally, notably South Africa, USA and India and happy to share experiences, dos/don'ts to ensure you get best bang for your buck. I also worked alongside the development of a silver bullion exchange in Canada where I learned a lot.

I'm planning a trip up the Gold Coast and journeying inland to view a few small leases I've seen available. Initially I'd start metal detecting or panning (if there are rivers) as a folly/hobby and then look to bring in some small-medium sized machinery at a later point (as permitted). I'd be very interested in finding a workable claim with registered permit and plenty of time running where the ground isn't too inaccessible (bush) and lesser chance of death adders as Tathradj comically calls them (search viewtopic.php?id=14758 as I can't post links yet).

It would be great to meet a few miners and share a few beers in the area, and learn a little about the industry and geology there. The permit system in NZ is tedious and slow and impedes constructive mining; I like to hope this is a little more accessible in Australia. Learning the ropes from the locals, I offer free labor and a few laughs. I also make a mean homebrew and whisky.

Perth area is also of interest but need to start somewhere and I can get up the Gold Coast far easier..

For anyone interested I also have a small lab and refine metals though for the past few years I have only worked silver as it's cheaper/more plentiful. I also cast bars/blanks.

1527998738_welcome.jpg

Hi Roy, welcome! I second you on the NZ system, hence we're looking in AUS too! Must have been beautiful in Canada. Hope you do well!

Latest posts