NEW! Digging Tool Coming Soon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was recently approached by a forum member who works for a fabrication company asking if I would consider selling their new digging tool/s via our online store. After trying one out for myself I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. The build quality is second to none, they're extremely sturdy yet surprisingly lightweight.

I'm still waiting on exact pricing but they will be sold at a discounted price to forum members. Stay tuned for more details.

Specifications
  • Made from: Stainless Steel[/*]
  • Overall length: 90cms[/*]
  • Blade length: 30cms[/*]
  • Weight: 1.9kgs[/*]
  • Warranty: Yes, TBA[/*]

1378773789_imag0176.jpg

1378773804_imag0175.jpg

1378773817_imag0177.jpg

1378773862_imag0178.jpg

1378773875_imag0179.jpg

1378773895_imag0181.jpg

1378773919_imag0180.jpg

Would be great to hear their theory behind the toothed edges.

Might also be essential to have it secured in an external locked cargo carrier for transport - I have known certain "boys in blue" who would take one look at it and class it as a weapon.

Marked said:
Would be great to hear their theory behind the toothed edges.

Might also be essential to have it secured in an external locked cargo carrier for transport - I have known certain "boys in blue" who would take one look at it and class it as a weapon.

The doubled-serrated edges are for cutting through grass roots, and it cuts through like a hot knife on butter. In saying that the the blade isn't sharp so can't cut yourself on it.

In terms of securing it during transport, providing it's placed in the boot and not in the cabin I don't think it'd be an issue, it's clearly a serrated spade and not a weapon. I'm sure it would depend on the context of why you were being questioned in the first place though.

Looks great. And its in stainless! Once you use a stainless steel
Shovel, you will never touch anything other
The stainless. It glides through the ground!

Keene to hear the price :)

Looks like a beast - I'd be very interested in getting one of those. Up here in the rainforest where the roots are chockablock throughout the ground, that thing would come in pretty useful I'd say!

What we need is for Brisjoe to develop a quick release harness (like the shotgun harness in Jewel of the Nile) so that you can carry on your back when swinging

regards

Slings are easy for me to design, I used to make a 3 point sling for the army that allows you to uncool from sling to shoulder the weapon with it still secured on your shoulder as well as being able to wear the weapon down your back over both shoulders for while working or climbing through fences.

But it' been a while since I'v seen the jewel movies, will have a look tonight

Very nice piece of equipment. I'd look at it in the near future. How many did the manufacturer say he was donating as prizes to the forum??? :)

I believe they have are planning a couple of different models down the track, and I've also been told they are open to custom orders as well.

There's currently no talk of a members giveaway but I'm sure we can make one happen soon enough ;)

Sounds great Nugget. I'm sure if they come out with a smaller digging tool, it will be invaluable too. I love stainless, pity it's not strong enough to have the pick manufactured out of it but a beautiful material non the less .

I'd be pretty keen, sick of buying one's that only last a few holes its pretty dry and hard digging around here.

kemjak57 said:
Looks like you should be storming castles and drinking booze from cows' horns. :D :D It is a great looking bit of gear.
:lol: it is an impressive looking bit of gear. Be handy to have in the kit.

Giltron said:
When will they be on sale how much and how can I go about buying one.

They should be available for purchase within the next week or so and I'm hoping to have more info on the price by the end of the week.

Latest posts