My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
What's with the pinching little kids model cars rocketaroo? :lol:

Funny, I never really grew out of them. In nearly 5 months of detecting, I hadnt found a car, only bits of them. Last 2 weeks I have found 3.

Funny that hey? When i was growing up we all had them, don't see kids with them these days, not that i've noticed anyway. You'd think there'd be plenty around in the old parks, i know as kids we lost lots of them, or dumped them when the wheels etc got broken.

Matchbox graveyard, :lol: wonder if they still make them? Probably all plastic now if they do.

SCROUNGER said:
Funny that hey? When i was growing up we all had them, don't see kids with them these days, not that i've noticed anyway. You'd think there'd be plenty around in the old parks, i know as kids we lost lots of them, or dumped them when the wheels etc got broken.

My #1 grandson is mad for matchbox cars. He has hundreds.

Rocket it looks like a hinge/vent thingy to me.

Heres one that my children still use on occassion(not all matchbox).
1437471486_sam_2220.jpg

SCROUNGER said:
Matchbox graveyard, :lol: wonder if they still make them? Probably all plastic now if they do.

Memories, fantastic. I like the old double decker bus there Silver. Hey Ramjet, is it politically correct to nominate one of the grandchildren as #1? Or is that a ranking you're giving according to birth? I've got a #1 granddaughter, well she keeps telling me she is anyway :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
Memories, fantastic. I like the old double decker bus there Silver. Hey Ramjet, is it politically correct to nominate one of the grandchildren as #1? Or is that a ranking you're giving according to birth? I've got a #1 granddaughter, well she keeps telling me she is anyway :lol:

LOL #1 as in first born. Plus I can't remember their names so I number them. Bahaha

When I was a kid I had some great sand to play in(dad was doing a patio) and of course he told me to find my cars and shift them,.... too late,.. steel in(it was already boxed) cement truck arrived and cars no more,... stuck forever more in the dry sand under that cement under that roof,.. never been flooded,... ever,... Ahhhh,... some one someday, on a big machine, picking up lumps of concrete to put in the dump truck will see the top of some old matchbox car in immaculate condition, and proceed to pull out car after car after car all from the sixties and very early seventies,... I hope it happens, and I hope it makes someones day(the lucky lucky B). :)

I'd have a tribe of snot sniffin babbling bawling kids dragging at my legs all the way to the post office RKT(ha).
rocketaroo said:
silver said:
Heres one that my children still use on occassion(not all matchbox).
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1437471486_sam_2220.jpg
SCROUNGER said:

How attached are they to the batmobile? I mustnt steal kids cars, but I like that one lol

Batman car is worth $$$ - more than a lot of your silver finds - put it on eBay and see what I mean ... Found one at a garage sale and got more than $100 ...

Paulmarr said:
Batman car is worth $$$ - more than a lot of your silver finds - put it on eBay and see what I mean ... Found one at a garage sale and got more than $100 ...

Wow, hey Silver bribe the kids with maccas, and flog that car on ebay, turn it in more silvers!

Latest posts