My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine has deep, buried between a tree root, and the edge of an old foundation stone. I am very surprised, that all the wheels are still on it.

Should hit a lot harder on those high conductors with the 7.5kHz DD coil Rocket (as evidenced in your pics), looking forward to seeing what else it conjures up.

It's good fun to go back over your old stomping grounds to see how a new coil performs, the 18.75kHz 10x5 coil is certainly sensitive and good for trashy areas, but the depth capabilities are somewhat lacking (had one on the 305). :)

Goldpick said:
the 18.75kHz 10x5 coil is certainly sensitive and good for trashy areas, but the depth capabilities are somewhat lacking (had one on the 305). :)

Yeah, you get that when the transmit winding is only about 3 inches wide :)

Still, first time I used that coil on the beach, I got a nice bracelet, so sensitivity often rules over depth.

silver said:
Heres one that my children still use on occassion(not all matchbox).
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1437471486_sam_2220.jpg
SCROUNGER said:
Matchbox graveyard, :lol: wonder if they still make them? Probably all plastic now if they do.

Silver, that is a nice pile of cars, love them oldies, I remember one that was made of all metal not like the easy braking
plastics !
If I am around that pile, I would be lost for weeks :) Vrooom vroooom, beep beep , LOL

rocketaroo said:
Been to this spot once before, but I didnt find much. Attacked it with the extra knowledge, that I have now, and the big new coil. Got more to do there for sure. The new coil goes much deeper, than the gold pack coil, and it definately seperates targets just as well. This is the coil, that minelab should sell them with, 10.5 inch concentric DD, 7.5khz. The thrip was down as deep, as the length of a pro pointer, and alot of the pennies were as well. The car is a lesney, pre matchbox, my oldest so far. Its roof has collapsed into the cars interior.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1437810716_sathunt.jpg

Congrats on the new coil, and also this nice patch, that little car looks rusty, but hey I would spend time repairing it If I were you :D

Another hunt with RJ, but on his patch. I was nice to him, and went easy on the pre decs :)

1438076657_mateland.jpg

Ramjet said:
Nice padlock face. What did the silver piece turn out to be? Got a better pic of it?

it maybe plated, but Its hard to tell, very hard to clean it. I should invest in Silver's CLR. I reckon it the top of a broach, with dangley things missing. Has weird markings on the back, needs better cleaning, may not be junk.

Nice ! another set of coins with keys ! What the range ID's of these on the X-terra ? 4-6 ?

Latest posts