My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a couple of hours in today. The detector is heavier now, I wont be able to swing it allday anymore....but its not aweful, and the balance is good. Tried it on a well known area, that everyone has hit around here. I allways get something there though, and its close by. 5 pennies, the oldest is 1936. They were all deep, 2 were an inch deeper, than the length of my pinpointer. The ground is really wet though.....but I have never found a coin sized target that deep, in the same conditions. Even the 1 cent was deep, giving a strong tone, they all were good tones actually. Bring on the silvers, and jewellery :)
1437543191_newcoil.jpg

Most likely, but its a much lower frequency coil as well. Target seperation, seems just as good as the other coil. The weight is the only negative, and thats a drawback for sure.

TheSilentBugler said:
If you were of a mind to get rid of the other coil I'd snap it up like a snappy thing on snap day.

Just sayin, there's some mojo on that one.

Maybe, I need some more hours on the new one to decide :)

rocketaroo said:
Ramjet said:
AAhh lower frequency. I forgot about that cause I don't own a Swinelab :p

Yeah, the at prosie cant turn that trick lol and isnt backlite, doesnt have prospecting mode, or beach mode lol oink oink, happy as a pig in mud :)

You keep going on about the backlight but you don't do night hunts. :D
The At Pro.... results speak for themselves. :D :p

Ramjet said:
rocketaroo said:
Ramjet said:
AAhh lower frequency. I forgot about that cause I don't own a Swinelab :p

Yeah, the at prosie cant turn that trick lol and isnt backlite, doesnt have prospecting mode, or beach mode lol oink oink, happy as a pig in mud :)

You keep going on about the backlight but you don't do night hunts. :D
The At Pro.... results speak for themselves. :D :p

Too scarey :(

Been to this spot once before, but I didnt find much. Attacked it with the extra knowledge, that I have now, and the big new coil. Got more to do there for sure. The new coil goes much deeper, than the gold pack coil, and it definately seperates targets just as well. This is the coil, that minelab should sell them with, 10.5 inch concentric DD, 7.5khz. The thrip was down as deep, as the length of a pro pointer, and alot of the pennies were as well. The car is a lesney, pre matchbox, my oldest so far. Its roof has collapsed into the cars interior.
1437810716_sathunt.jpg

rocketaroo said:
Been to this spot once before, but I didnt find much. Attacked it with the extra knowledge, that I have now, and the big new coil. Got more to do there for sure. The new coil goes much deeper, than the gold pack coil, and it definately seperates targets just as well. This is the coil, that minelab should sell them with, 10.5 inch concentric DD, 7.5khz. The thrip was down as deep, as the length of a pro pointer, and alot of the pennies were as well. The car is a lesney, pre matchbox, my oldest so far. Its roof has collapsed into the cars interior.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1437810716_sathunt.jpg

Ohh!! Mad car!!

good onya RKT, still a bit of paint on that old car,... looks like the Kids didn't prang it up at all, just time and a tractor wheel maybe.nice 3d too. :)

Latest posts