My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had 2 hours this morning, so tried a new spot, and instead of just chasing high tones, I dug 10, and over. Well, never done so much digging in a 2-3m square area. I hardly ever dig a ringpull, well today I did. Guess what...a bent gold wedding band! Its 9k I reckon, I cant bend it, has a makers name zaferili, or something, and I cant make out the carat number. But....I am stoked, that I took the ringpull challenge lol. It will take me ages to clean this new site, maybe 3 or 4, low to mid tones every sweep, under the shaded areas.

1434166641_goldy.jpg

rocketaroo said:
Had 2 hours this morning, so tried a new spot, and instead of just chasing high tones, I dug 10, and over. Well, never done so much digging in a 2-3m square area. I hardly ever dig a ringpull, well today I did. Guess what...a bent gold wedding band! Its 9k I reckon, I cant bend it, has a makers name zaferili, or something, and I cant make out the carat number. But....I am stoked, that I took the ringpull challenge lol. It will take me ages to clean this new site, maybe 3 or 4, low to mid tones every sweep, under the shaded areas.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1434166641_goldy.jpg

There ya go, the intervention helped, now doesn't getting some gold make you all warm n fuzzy inside mate? Yep it's a pain digging all that junk but worth it somedays! You just reached metal detecting nirvana....... :D Bask in is warm glow for a while...... lol. :D

PabloP said:
Ramjet said:
Congrats on ya first gold Rocket. Another first you've beaten me to. :)

You two sure have a challenge going between you. Seems to be bringing the best in finds as well. Now, who is the master and who is the apprentice??

We are definitely both learning from each other.

Heatho said:
rocketaroo said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1434166641_goldy.jpg

There ya go, the intervention helped, now doesn't getting some gold make you all warm n fuzzy inside mate? Yep it's a pain digging all that junk but worth it somedays! You just reached metal detecting nirvana....... :D Bask in is warm glow for a while...... lol. :D

Gotta say, thanks to you, and PaulM, for making such a good case. I just didnt want to dig so many ring pulls, but the day I decided to give it a try....boom baby, gold in the hole :)

I missed having my detectoring buddy Ramjet today, when the ring popped. But I texted him, and within 15mins, he appears to share my success :) Shame he wasnt able to stay, too busy with his missus! Lol

LOL - and we were only debating this very subject the other day ... I guess you are glad you "took the challenge" and I am glad my advice paid off in such a short time. That's a $50 ring at 9k or maybe even a little more so probably equal to 10 non gold hunts!

I won't say ITYS but I will say "GOLD BABY"!

Now I am excited to see what you will find!

Congrats on the find rocketaroo, way to go , even if it is a ring, gold is gold , LOL

I love this machine, so you too as I can see you're getting used to it's language :lol:

Light weight and easy to carry and use for hours without shoulder complaining , not like the other bigger units. It also doubles as a treasure , coins and gold finding machine. You proved it's worth now what would the nay Sayers have to laugh about ;)

Thank you mate !

rocketaroo said:
Heatho said:
rocketaroo said:

Gotta say, thanks to you, and PaulM, for making such a good case. I just didnt want to dig so many ring pulls, but the day I decided to give it a try....boom baby, gold in the hole :)

I missed having my detectoring buddy Ramjet today, when the ring popped. But I texted him, and within 15mins, he appears to share my success :) Shame he wasnt able to stay, too busy with his missus! Lol

Yeah Paul nailed it totally, the way he and Sa Bogan detect I know they must dig just as many sinkers in between gold finds but it's the fact they get gold regularly by digging the frustrating stuff and it pays off, I just backed him up to gee you up..... :D I hate ringpulls, any one of them could be a gold one though, hell some ringpulls even look gold sometimes, I hate those the most. Yeah detecting buddies should always be the first to know mate. :)

Geo2 said:
Congrats on the find rocketaroo, way to go , even if it is a ring, gold is gold , LOL

I love this machine, so you too as I can see you're getting used to it's language :lol:

Light weight and easy to carry and use for hours without shoulder complaining , not like the other bigger units. It also doubles as a treasure , coins and gold finding machine. You proved it's worth now what would the nay Sayers have to laugh about ;)

Thank you mate !

Gold is gold you're totally right mate, it's just urban prospecting. I reckon there's more gold on the beaches than in the Leadfields errr I mean goldfields. :lol:

Its a good machine for sure. My biggest tip for the 705, would be to use headphones, you get such a better audio response, which really helps identify good signals. And thanks for the comments everyone :)

Amen to that mate ! :D
I always use headphones when using it, sadly it didn't came with one, so I had to buy two, reason is the first broke even before I try, just took it from the packaging and when I stretched it to put on my head it cracked open the left arm of it 8.( Probably a fake Chinese made :mad:
So I bought another one from another shop and it seems to hold much better than the first one. The brand name is (Koss UR 30).
Tip: if you can get one with separate audio adjustment for each ear that would much better . Helps with certain types of targets e.g coins.

But you are doing so well RKT,.... I think we need a Photo post library(and video) so we can click and view someones photo posts and scroll through them,.... then just click on a photo to goto post for the rest of it all if we want to know more about what we are looking at,... I rekon that would add a new dimention to this site(PA) that would enhance it to a new degree,.... it would also make a visual search easier for if you are looking for some thing in particular,...Photos could also be tagged eg. coins rocks gold or machinery etc so that they could be accessed from a common point library,.... such as if you went into the picture library and looked up 1895 coin and it gave you all the coin post photos of 1895 coins here on PA (ha ha) , and you could just click on one to go to the post to see all about it on the persons thread who had posted the photo. We would all be able to go back through our photos to tag them appropriately within our threads so that the library worked well,... or even have it that if any of us view a photo on PA that has not been indexed we can just index them as we go on each others threads for a look,.... I'm sure it would work itself out well over time, with new photos being added and indexed as we went ahead from the photo librarys creation point. Sorry for droning on(on your thread RKT) but sometimes if we put it out there,... well, you know, stranger things have happened. ;) You would have a good photo library page(RKTs Page).
rocketaroo said:
Its 6 months today, that I first started detecting. I forget that I am a noob, and shouldnt expect results like others consistantly post :) Feel better now lol

silver said:
But you are doing so well RKT,.... I think we need a Photo post library(and video) so we can click and view someones photo posts and scroll through them,.... then just click on a photo to goto post for the rest of it all if we want to know more about what we are looking at,... I rekon that would add a new dimention to this site(PA) that would enhance it to a new degree,.... it would also make a visual search easier for if you are looking for some thing in particular,...Photos could also be tagged eg. coins rocks gold or machinery etc so that they could be accessed from a common point library,.... such as if you went into the picture library and looked up 1895 coin and it gave you all the coin post photos of 1895 coins here on PA (ha ha) , and you could just click on one to go to the post to see all about it on the persons thread who had posted the photo. We would all be able to go back through our photos to tag them appropriately within our threads so that the library worked well,... or even have it that if any of us view a photo on PA that has not been indexed we can just index them as we go on each others threads for a look,.... I'm sure it would work itself out well over time, with new photos being added and indexed as we went ahead from the photo librarys creation point. Sorry for droning on(on your thread RKT) but sometimes if we put it out there,... well, you know, stranger things have happened. ;) You would have a good photo library page(RKTs Page).
rocketaroo said:
Its 6 months today, that I first started detecting. I forget that I am a noob, and shouldnt expect results like others consistantly post :) Feel better now lol

That sounds like a good idea ...
(He's a thinker .. That man Silver ;) )

G'day fellas,
1st of all, some dam impressive finds there. Thought I would join your thread as I have purchased a 705 std pack while my Gp3500 is up on the hoist. Still have a few days before it turns up and no doubt it will be a handy addition to the arsenal, pretty sure the better half will sneak off into the scrub with it as well. (Win win... Not in trouble ;) ).
Over many moons found a few old sites on long forgotten fields that will be worth a swing or 2.
Question... Which coils are you guys playing with? The std 7.5khz or either low or high frequency? Any feedback on any of them will be much appreciated.
Cheers...

Latest posts