My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have to wait to see your photo Rkt,.. there must be a difference between how you put up photos vs how RJ puts up his photos.

silver said:
I still have to wait to see your photo Rkt,.. there must be a difference between how you put up photos vs how RJ puts up his photos.

I upload them to my photobucket, then paste a link here. I found a 1973 usa nickel today, wonder where it is!

Found it, at the bottom of the one cent pile. Its as coroded, as one of our pennies, they must use crappy metal, had to wire brush it. Its a US 1 cent.

Resized for silver

1433409679_sil.jpg

Just went through the thread, added up all my goldies. 128 bucks so far, with what I found with the ace250, what it cost me, and sold it for.....then the 705 owes me 300. Not to mention all the fun, exercise, and cool finds I have stashed :)

Short hunt today, tried a couple of small spots, that I thought maybe good for pre decs. No such luck though, funny all the small change came from one hole, bar 1 two cent. The goldies were from different holes. The brass tack looking things came from a strip of grass, close to an old fire station.....weird things, dunno what they were used for.

1433577120_tack.jpg

Question, what can be found in the dirt, under an old netball hoop? Anything it seems! :) I am very happy, one bucket lister!

Managed to bend it out, but that's as much as I dare. It still has the loops on the back, as well.

Short hunt today:

1433656888_shoulder.jpg

Weird things - what the ???? are they? I must say my first thought was the base to very old fireworks but don't think brass would have been economical. Then I thought grass markers for a game of some sort but a person would not be inclined to loose so many. I really have no idea.

Would normally let this one slide as 'interesting but I will solve it later' but I pulled one out of the ground yesterday at Toronto and it is bugging the hell out of me.

Anyone got a plausible theory or some bullshit that may entertain me this Evening?

Wally69 said:
Weird things - what the ???? are they? I must say my first thought was the base to very old fireworks but don't think brass would have been economical. Then I thought grass markers for a game of some sort but a person would not be inclined to loose so many. I really have no idea.

Would normally let this one slide as 'interesting but I will solve it later' but I pulled one out of the ground yesterday at Toronto and it is bugging the hell out of me.

Anyone got a plausible theory or some bullshit that may entertain me this Evening?

Tacks, with blunt ends I spose. There's a few more in the ground, but I didnt dig them. Could they be used in a peg board? They would work as grass markers, but not as one color, plain brass. Maybe umbrellas, for tiny robots, but they are too old for that lol

Well, imagine the good old days of old, now imagine some old sticky tape dressings and you have your bs answer,... Actually it could be true, thus the prolififeration of them at sporting venues, tapeing up the shin guards etc.
Wally69 said:

The Australian prototype of the radar perhaps ???

Interesting that you found a hexagonal version of the same thing, could indicate they were a common item manufactured by different companies

Latest posts