My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
Maybe those electrical pop out bits that let the wiring through, was there any other electrical stuff found arounds about there RKT ?

They were two inches down, on the footpath, was tough finding them.....nothing else electrical nearby.

I take photos with the camera as close as I can and then zoom in on them,.. I use that s as a makeshift electric magnifier.
I take the photos through the loupe as well if I need even more grunt with it.

Now I have had the 705 for awhile, I can compare it to the ace350. The ace350 went just as deep, maybe deeper. I dug alot of iron with it though, and hardly any with the 705. So far, there doesnt seem to be many other advantages....target ID is nice, allthough I am using it less every hunt.The tones maybe giving me, a slightly better advantage on the 705. Having said so, I never ran full metal on the ace, it was very noisy, the 705 seems to do a much better job of it. Oh, the recovery time is better, way better infact.....the ace was slow with that.

rocketaroo said:
Now I have had the 705 for awhile, I can compare it to the ace350. The ace350 went just as deep, maybe deeper. I dug alot of iron with it though, and hardly any with the 705. So far, there doesnt seem to be many other advantages....target ID is nice, allthough I am using it less every hunt.The tones maybe giving me, a slightly better advantage on the 705. Having said so, I never ran full metal on the ace, it was very noisy, the 705 seems to do a much better job of it. Oh, the recovery time is better, way better infact.....the ace was slow with that.

Have you gone over any spots that you did with the ACE350 RKT, just to see if the 705 is able to find anything you may have missed,.. or are you going over spots again already where you have pulled out all the iron ?

New spots S, am hardly digging any iron, reckon the 350 suffers the halo effect pretty bad in comparison.

I spy with my little eye...................... A FLORIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1431166479_capture.png

Excellent work mate...............Congrats

RS

Remembered a tiny park, also close to where mum, and dad lived. It had an old set of swings on it, my oldest son used them as a kid. Gave it a quick bash this morning, 3 roo pennies, and lots of aluminium, sinkers, and melted lead, the swings have gone. The ground is noisy, but the pennies rang loud, and clear. They were the only clear signals, every other thing I detected was chirpy, or unstable. Tending to think, that I dig too many iffy signals, because not one iffy signal was a coin. This seems to be the rule actually, in my last few hunts, I cant recall any iffy signals being a coin....but they have been other relicy things, worth finding. Not sure what to do, dig them, or leave them.

After posting, I notice that the roo...top left coin, has a fatter head, that hangs lower.

Quick hunt today, RJ suggested I hit the spot that he did yesterday. I have never had much from this 1880s site, shame, as it so local, have heard that its been hit hard though. Got my first token, bugger I nicked it! Same one as RJ, which was his first as well. The penny is a 1921, and the goldies are allways welcome :)

Latest posts