My First Nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With thanks to BigWave, I scored my first little nugget today. I am on the board..
1461409338_image.jpg

Well done ! It feels so good to actually find something worthwhile instead of all the rubbish.

And just to be clear, it took me 60 bits of shot and a few nails to catch those two buggers, and they came within a few minutes of each other.

30 to 1 isn't too bad. I've found 3 bits with the GPZ so far & a conservative estimate would be well over 200 junk targets. They've been anything from shallow SDC sized birdshot to an approx. 100mm x 25mm x 3mm bit of rusty steel at around 700mm+ (used 900mm pick handle to guesstimate) & anything/everything in between. That took me 2 goes to get out as I struck roots but couldn't get a good enough swing with the pick to get through them. At that point I was thinking I had something good but after returning with the camp shovel & getting through the roots it was just another bloody fugget. :lol:

Congrats to all the first bits this week. Hopefully more to come & less fuggets for all of us!

jwal said:
With thanks to BigWave, I scored my first little nugget today. I am on the board..
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6839/1461409338_image.jpg
Well done jwal.
You must be ecstatic to get on the board. I remember my first piece back in August last year, and have it proudly encased in a small display container. I'll never forget it. It's a great feeling.
With an SDC you'll now start to rake them in. Good hunting.
Went looking for you and BigWave late Saturday avo but you had already headed back to Melb. Hope to catch up another time. Cheers Dig'n-it

Latest posts