My First Ever Gold Nugget!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a follow up on all your help everyone on helping me decide what detector to get. (Another post)
I ended up getting the SDC2300 from miners den Bendigo. I would of loved the 6000, but kept balking at the price considering I was starting out. So, anyway so far so good. I found my first piece ever last week, having never seen natural gold before I didnt really believe it was actually it. I had found some hot rock prior and thought I had hit some more. Dug around and it kept going off, checked my little pile and it still was carrying on. Nearly gave up but tried again and eventually found it. Waved to hubby who was on his way over anyway. Was going to show him but was going to wave it over the detector again because I still didnt believe it and would you believe I got caught up in my headphones, hit my ear and dropped it, of course I figured I could find it again with the detector except I didnt know whether to strip first as I thought it may of gone down my top or was it in my hair. So we both froze me virtually upside down trying to check if it was on my person. Then as I decided it mustve fell to the ground, I was on a heap next to a hole full of leaves and stuff- great Im thinking this machine had better work now or Im gonna cry. As I picked it up ready to start looking again hubby dear says wait STOP, is that it? And there it was sitting on top of a leaf all shiny and pretty. So our first little nugget was found by us both and will be forever priceless to me and of course hubby, cause we both found a nugget that day.

Trace4369 said:
Can everyone remember their first find, I hope it wasnt as clumsy as mine !

I only just started, so waiting to get out to a spot in October. I just bought myself a Gold Monster 1000, so I'm excited! You will hear about it when I do. ;)

Phil

Congrats Trace - "I had found some hot rock prior and thought I had hit some more."

The SDC is not immune to hot rocks but it also does a generally good job of cancelling them out.

Some of those hot rocks may just be worth taking home and smashing up - you might have a golden surprise inside.

All the best :Y:

G'day Trace

Congrats on your first gold, but you know what this means don't you, possibly a life time obsession with the yellow, I still have my very first piece of gold that I found nearly thirty years ago, Its around 8 grams and I wore it for many years until one day I felt something on my belly, the solder on the bail had broken free and the nugget fell down into my t shirt which was luckily tucked in, otherwise it would have disappeared unnoticed, its since lived in a box.

Only have one other piece that has been kept that was turned into a pendant for my wife with a diamond mounted in it, all the rest has paid the way for the obsession.

Good luck in the future.

cheers

stayyerAU

U HAVE JOIN THE DARK SIDE :lol: :lol: :p :goldnugget: :goldnugget: good on u ,put it in display case

G'day Trace. Good to see you bought your detector and also found your first piece. Well done.

Regards Axtyr.

Well Trace4369.... all I see is the boys being nice for you lol.

But on here if there's no photo it didn't happen lol.

Can't be seen to treat you any different to all of us hey.

Soo.... I'm gunna wait to see the photo before I praise you up lots
O:) :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

Ok ok, I couldnt figure out how to upload a photo, my excuse, so lets see if I can now. So the first one the long one was my first ever find, we went out again the next week and I found the little bit in someones elses little hole. Now, that looks like thats about it for now, unless of course I start a new gold rush in Echuca.
1629777997_d193e913-fcf5-456b-ba82-2c0917428142.jpg

1629777997_1c90ac77-a2d9-4d30-a4e9-07619f2dc5dd.jpg

:playful:
silver said:
Well Trace4369.... all I see is the boys being nice for you lol.

But on here if there's no photo it didn't happen lol.

Can't be seen to treat you any different to all of us hey.

Soo.... I'm gunna wait to see the photo before I praise you up lots
O:) :pickshovel: :goldnugget:
Start praising now . :playful: :playful: :goldnugget: :playful: :playful:

Latest posts