My Equinox 600 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this one....
1521677818_screenshot_2018-03-22-10-16-23.jpg

link to page...
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Georg-Jensen...0E-GJ-Silversmithy-Hammered-NEW-/332244044480
:D

Thanks for the comments and likes.

I've only been out a couple of times since finding that ring.

Went for a quick 20 minute detect yesterday.

$12 in Goldie's (some were at 6" or deeper).

The 2 Silvers were 6" to 7" deep (measured with pinpointer) and were sitting next to each other.

Only found one piece of total junk, a squashed acrew cap which I thought was going to be junk, but I dug it just to make sure.

I damaged the silvers - was on the phone at the time and wasn't concentrating...

1523153014_img_20180408_0928039192-1843x1382.jpg

What did ya do to those coins mate :eek: ?
Well found :D
:Y: :cool: :Y: .... but... what happened ? 8)

silver said:
What did ya do to those coins mate :eek: ?
Well found :D
:Y: :cool: :Y: .... but... what happened ? 8)

I'm trying to go for minimal impact retrieval... That is minimal impact on the environment (trying to leave minimal trace), but maximal impact on the coins/relics themselves. :mad:

I used to dig plugs/half plugs, but too many times I've been back to those areas months later and the places looked like someone had gone around weeding with a flamethrower (spots of yellow grass everywhere). So I've been coin popping using a screwdriver, but it's difficult to do when the coins are 6" plus inches deep...so I've been using the screwdriver more like a probe. Lazy, I know...

I just bought a garden tool this morning which will make it a whole lot easier, and still negate the need for plugs.

By the way, the $2 damage was not from me...must have had a few run ins with the mower over the years

I don't remove the plug... just fold it back over the uncut side.... my plugs look like a square ended C, that way there is still living grass in the top of the plug and it can recover easily.... plus I try not to dig in the dry when the ground is hard and the plugs have a harder time recovering. :Y:

silver said:
I don't remove the plug... just fold it back over the uncut side.... my plugs look like a square ended C, that way there is still living grass in the top of the plug and it can recover easily.... plus I try not to dig in the dry when the ground is hard and the plugs have a harder time recovering. :Y:

Yep, I switched to the folded D plug a few years ago but they often still leave too much of a tell tale sign for my liking.

Because of these reasons, I choose very carefully what park, and where, depending on condition of grass and how often it looks maintained.
I wouldn't like anyone digging up my nice clean turf that I spent hours keeping.

Under trees is an obvious okay due to grass not growing.

I don't like to do sporting fields, I don't think its a good idea to leave divots. No matter how well you plug, it will always sink slightly.
So if I do sporting fields, it is with no digging tools, just for modern surface finds only, the coins that tuck in under the grass.

Kinda sux because it leaves out a lot of the good areas, but I guess that is also part of the hunt. Trying to find the right places.

Jaros said:
Are you using the Equinox or the 3030?

Equinox 600.

The 3030 in my avatar is long gone - I sold that about 3 years ago. I should have kept it. It was the only blue 3030 Ive ever seen, and even Minelab dealers reckon they've never seen one.

Latest posts