Missing Prospectors & Other Persons Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a very easy place to get lost through that area,
I hope they find him soon.

The terrain in that area is very steep and there are many old shafts covered by thick undergrowth, thats what worries me most.

The last time i was in the area, up around Barry's Reef, i was surprised at how much i really needed to take care in watching my forward path and step. Some of these shafts are virtually invisible due to the thick growth and you wouldnt even know they were even there unless you were watching closely, or new how to spot the tell tales.

There are some deep boggy track crossing close to the Lerderberg river as well, so lets hope he just got stuck and stays with his vehicle because that is what they will find first.
The Wombat State forest is quite a vast area and one of the largest state forests in Vic.

Its rather concerning so lets hope he is ok and found safe and well.

Regards

HeadsUp said:
There has been some unfortunate news on this one people

update will be in tomorrows papers :(

Yeah.. roger that...

A timely reminder to be aware of your surroundings and what is your plan if shite happens.....
As a contractor for a national business, I am over, the constant swms and crap!!!!
But...by sticking to it, we might save a life.....

True Simmo

I often do dangerous stuff in the bush that would be "non compliant" at work but the statistics that crop up remind us it can happen to anyone

Nobody is bulletproof

The basics of your plan are telling someone where you will be , updating them if you change your route and carry the right safety gear

PLB , UHF , first aid kit ,ample water

I saw the news, that this poor bloke didn't make it RIP & condolences to family & friends.
My Question now is do we know why was it snake, accident, health or some other reason? Curious as it may help others in future.

No cause yet as the autopsy would need to be finished.
The family may release details when the time is right.

The stream at the end of the track he was found on is on the excluded list - may explain why he wasn't found for so long; not an obvious place for prospecting to be done.

Hi guys just wondering if there was any further development as to what happened or went wrong on this prospecting trip.awful tradgety this time of year

Matt's funeral is on Friday January 9 at 1pm. The venue is Blackwood Hall. I do not believe there will be a public announcement re the cause of death. I don't think he went out fossicking guys. And when Police say there are no suspicious circumstances, and no one else was involved, and it wasn't a snake. I think you get the picture.

Latest posts