Minelab SDC2300 or GPX4000 / GPX4500 / GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy, I just read your post again and saw you are running the audio on quiet..This made me think?..And I think I run on normal Its been awhile since Ive played or even thought about my settings..But something in my head tells me that the last time I played around with those settings , was that it ran a lot quieter on audio quiet but didnt pick up targets..Dumbed things down too much, and when changed back to audio normal, would pick up signals again..Just went out in the shed and cranked up the 4500 and confirm its set on normal and not quiet..

PhaseTech said:
Quiet works great but only with a higher stabilizer setting.

Thanks, i will try these settings when i get a chance.I think im just doubting my ability i have found gold just looking in the wrong places and possibly wrong settings, appreciate your help :)

1525328801_1525327144_d936c17a-f192-4ee1-9468-691353f8b1d1.jpg

I dont understand why Quiet works great with higher Stab settings and better than Normal..

Quiet and a low Stabilizer setting is like a double whammy of smoothing, sort of like running dual mufflers, so you want to avoid that

Dont know what happened there, its the right way up in my photo album..have to stand on your head and read it in a mirror?

PhaseTech said:
Quiet and a low Stabilizer setting is like a double whammy of smoothing, sort of like running dual mufflers, so you want to avoid that
..a good analogy..I normally run with Stab on 4-6 which cools is down a bit and then crank up the Rx to around 13-14 on the 4500...?and think that if I run the Stab on 11-12 That I wont be able to run that much power on the Rx..So I may be loosing penetration..?
Cheers..

Hi!
Have been really tossing up selling my gpx4000 to help fund an sdc2300 or garrett atx. ( i am leaning alightly towards the sdc2300 at this stage) although there seems to be a few design faults and warranty problems involved with connections etc.
My main concern is that i love the 4000 and it still sniffs out really small gold.
I have read and read the pro's and cons of both machines but am still unsure what decission to make. Once it's gone it's gone.
Please feel free to give an opinion!

Latest posts