Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this Zenith hanging strap at Bunnings (http://www.bunnings.com.au/zenith-450mm-40kg-surehook-zinc-plated-hanging-strap_p3950180), which looks like a very cheap and effective way to create a secure bungy attachment point at the very top of the SDC shaft. No mods to the detector are necessary and the strap does not interfere with folding up the detector.

I've seen the attachment from the Pro-Swing 45 advertised for this purpose recently, but that is bulkier and so needs to be moved each time you fully collapse the detector. It is also much more expensive if you have to buy the Pro-Swing service pack to get one ($40+) and it's less strong than the Zenith, which is rated to support a 40kg load!

The hanging strap comes with a large 40kg-rated carabiner, but you can pick up a good little one from Bunnings for about $5 if you need one to interface between your bungy and the hanging strap attachment shackle.

1416455329_2014-11-20_10.51.37.jpg
1416455345_2014-11-20_11.00.45.jpg

(The part of the hanging strap sticking up with the Zenith logo on it, is just excess length - about 70mm - that I haven't yet trimmed off)

Dunno why you need one really, I can use mine 8 or more hours without a bungy. I just use mine stock standard, no booster either. I like the fact it's light and extremely portable, without really needing other accessories. If you have a bad shoulder it may help.

Each to their own and it is a good idea for an attachment.

Hey Heatho
Mate I have an ongoing forearm issue 2yrs !! I need to take the weight which I feel is all out the front, I also find that using a bungy & hipstick on my 2200 keeps my swing steady & constant.
cheers
Lee

Cheers Grubsteak

Just solved my problem with that one , I have been looping
my bungee through the handle , looks like your solution has a better
centre of gravity.

Regards

Rick

Hey all.
Just got the SDC 2300 today but was wondering if the headphone socket is meant to lock in or is meant to be loose?

Mine keeps falling out,or am i mentally challenged and doing it wrong?

Head Phone connects by sliding the connector back to grab the nose of the connector on the SDC.

The socket goes on with or without squeezing the rubber and falls out.
Im not sure what the point is of squeezing the rubber bit when there is nothing for the socket to lock into anyway.

I got i worked out now.

The rubber was pushed all the way down to the end of the socket not letting it lock on.

I had to pull it back then squeeze the sides and now it locks on.

Thanks for trying to help guys its all good now.

Now im waiting for the batteries to charge.......chompin at the bit...want to get out and play.

rc62burke said:
Hey Heatho
Mate I have an ongoing forearm issue 2yrs !! I need to take the weight which I feel is all out the front, I also find that using a bungy & hipstick on my 2200 keeps my swing steady & constant.
cheers
Lee

That's no good mate, hope the bungy works the way you need it. Yeah i've got a long time injury also, Right arm is stuffed, I just use my Left, better for using the built in speaker too Left handed, was actually lucky for me it was built the way it is. :)

Hopefully your arm comes good.

G'day all

Got my first ever little bit of gold with my SDC almost directly under power lines , setting 2 , no interference at all.
Sounds like you have some pretty heavy duty power lines over your way Alex.
Aeroplanes are another thing altogether though , and my SDC seems to give a feint signal over
ant hills . Is this a common thing with all detectors ?

1417163209_image.jpg

1417163210_image.jpg

Hi Alex G.

I have to partially agree with you about the power line issue. I had stood about 50 metres away and the SDC 2300 went off like crazy. However, after doing the noise cancelling and switching it to level 1 it worked fine. However, shortly afterwards the problem reappeared which is not great.

Hi LC76.

I know what you mean about the socket.

In my opinion the socket does not allow for optimal securing the headphones compared to other detectors. On my Infinium LS I need to screw the headphones on and they wont come off...on the SDC2300 its a different story I find.

Sometimes you need to do multiple noice cancels I've found if the EMI is really bad, sometimes it just does not get it perfect on the first go.

Why are people buying these machines and selling them so quick? There is one on gumtree at the moment for $3400 dollars, looks good and if it all checks out would be a bargain.

Latest posts