Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering if the salt mode on the SDC is just for salty areas or can it be used in high mineralised areas as well. The reason i ask is that because its a timing change it might be able to be used for deeper targets and be a bit less sensitive to very small targets. I thought i remember reading something on the same lines for the GPX5000.

Was mooching around, having a beer listening to the cricket and thought I would do something constructive.
Ingredients were a piece of 90mm PVC pipe, a M/L armrest cover, some velcro and an old black plastic breadboard.

I hate wearing headphones so this is perfect for me.

The armrest is now very comfortable, can pick the machine up by the straps etc.

1418105459_dsc01220.jpg

1418105477_dsc01218.jpg

Redfin said:
Was mooching around, having a beer listening to the cricket and thought I would do something constructive.
Ingredients were a piece of 90mm PVC pipe, a M/L armrest cover, some velcro and an old black plastic breadboard.

I hate wearing headphones so this is perfect for me.

The armrest is now very comfortable, can pick the machine up by the straps etc.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1418105459_dsc01220.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1418105477_dsc01218.jpg

Thats just beutiful Redfin.
The booster was giving me the willies the way it was on mine. If I attached it to the machine, it pulled on the cord when I put it on the ground.
If I attached it to my belt I kept pulling it clean off my belt. I ended up dropping it on its head on the weekend by mistake and Im pretty sure I broke it.
Just unplugged it and put it away for the time being
I really like your setup mate. Im gonna definatly give i a go.
Thanks
ChrisM

But no cigars, picked up an excellent selection of rubbish, lead bullets, empty cases, bits of barbed wire(rusty), back of an old button, something metal unidentified & small bits of fencing wire heavily corroded(one 1 1/2" piece found 12" under the river bed) I'd say if there was any gold I would have pinged it, was all good stuff & a good learning curve(about 5 hrs in river) then the storm came in, this seemed to make the 2300's threshold sound go a bit wavery & a few false pings with the unit just sitting on the ground, there was a bit of lightening & black clouds about(a call later to Minelab tech's confirmed this, due to the sensitivity of the beast) I got back to the house just before all hell broke loose(about 2pm) it teemed on & off the rest of the day & night with continued rain, good thing I brought all the gear back up cause by the next day the river was in flood, time to get out of the valley where the block is before the only bridge out goes under, can't wait to get back there to put the detector thru it's paces again & see what turns up this time.

Guipago, If there was gold in the river you would of ping it with that machine mate. When thunderstorms and lightening is about you will get false signals from the lightening. This happens all the time with Pulse induction machines. Storms can be hundreds of miles away and you can hear them some times. Keep trying mate, sooner or later you will get a bit, providing the area is know to have reasonable size gold.

One thing about the SDC is you don't have to worry getting it wet. :)

A speaker facing your ears as it should be.
Redfin, you can thread the armrest straps through the slots in the neoprene, and then just put the neoprene cover right over both the PVC and original armrest.

I did something very similar to the arm rest on mine yesterday. I used a 90mm PVC pipe joiner and cut up and sewed 2 stubby coolers together. Works a treat but look terrible. Seamstress is in Tassy at the moment but will get her to make the next version.

Cliff

Come on ppl' there's that many SDC's out there, hasn't anyone tested the depth between normal & salt?

I agree Roscoe' it would have to be a timing change and would expect salt to be a slower timing that could push a larger pulse deeper?

Well that's what i was thinking Luke, but i don't own one so i thought the SDC owners on here may have done some testing with targets at depth. It would be good to compare salt and normal timings on deeper targets.

I'm struggling to find anything at depth, so am reluctant to test it for a couple of hours in case the theory doesn't hold.

If I ever do manage to break the gram mark, I will be replanting and testing it on a few settings to see how it performs.

Sounds like a good test to do on a known patch after a clean-out on a normal setting.

That actually looks pretty well done to be honest. Makes others iv seen look.....lame.

Hey all.

So far i love this SDC2300 every time i go out i come home with gold,not a lot but gold nonetheless.

Last Saturday i was having a good day i found few little bits nice and early,but near the end of the day the SDC started acting up and falsing and making all sorts of strange noises.

Turned out the skid plate was full of dirt.
No big deal cleaned it out and all was right with world again.

So Today i thought i might do some mods and see what happens.
What i got for the day,I dont have scales yet so dont know the weight.
1419146502_sdcsatau.jpg

Mods.

Thought i would try some foam around the skid plate to stop dirt getting in.

1419146647_screwgap.jpg

1419146647_screwgap1.jpg

1419146647_skidplatefoam.jpg

1419146647_skidplategap.jpg

And then i thought i would copy another members mod and take care of the knuckle joint.

1419146733_knuckleprotectsdc.jpg

1419146733_knuckleprotectsdc1.jpg

Roscoe said:
Why are people buying these machines and selling them so quick? There is one on gumtree at the moment for $3400 dollars, looks good and if it all checks out would be a bargain.

I was thinking The same thing, there's quite a few coming up for sale at present, is there issues with the sdc 2300 or is it that people are buying the combo pack and flogging off the 2300?

Buzz said:
or is it that people are buying the combo pack and flogging off the 2300?

I reckon that could be it. Or they think that with all it's good press, they just walk out anywhere and find gold like magic, and when it doesn't happen... :/

Well I'd been on the detector connector listing for over a month now and minelab still haven't found someone to partner me up with. I offered 3 grand for the SDC to be matched with someone wanting a GPX5000 for 5 grand. It looks like not too many people snapping up new 5000's either or I was way down the bottom of the list LOL

Nice work LC76, you join up the group pioneering an improved SDC and if I find the spare cash to buy one someday I'll have all the bolt on improvements available at my disposal. Gold every day? That sounds like a lot of fun to be had!