Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather sell my kidneys then sell my GPZ. Its finding gold where other machines have been before, its a perfect excuse to get into my favourite place - the outdoors, its good for my health and my retirement plan, and its the perfect way to relax.

I highly doubt people are selling them due to underperformance. They are either using them in ground that has no gold or has no gold left, using them incorrectly (i don't know how this is possible) or they have overcapitalised which is unfortunate. Is it worth double the price of a GPX5000? Well thats a mater of opinion, but all you need to do is walk over a few pieces that are *up to 40% deeper then a GPX and you'll walk away with more nuggies.

Either way, to save $1500 on a near new machine is a pretty good deal.

Cheers,

Jay.

Don't do that JM, you won't get far without the kidneys mate. As i said before, i think it was more the machine wasn't suiting their style/areas of searching, along with getting a little 'old' to be digging deep holes. They seemed to know what they were doing and were in good gold area.
Good luck with health and retirement plans jay.

The main problem many 5000 owners that upgraded to the 7000 are having is ground balancing.
For 5 years they have been pushing the button and pumping the coil to GB a 5000.
Do that with the 7000 and it dumps all GB calibration details. and I mean all, then you have one very noisy machine.

Old habits die hard redfin. Many probably do just that without even thinking about it. That would seriously p..s you off i reckon.

SCROUNGER said:
Ran into a couple of blokes up near talbot today who are selling their 7000 already. Not that impressed with it apparently, both were also running 2300s and they reckon they're the bees knees. Be interesting to see how many 7000s come onto the market from people who perhaps bought the 7000 and are maybe discovering they are too much detector for what they're doing detecting wise?
sent my 7000 back to minelab,spent four days in golden triangle,kept loseing targets,contacted minelab who gave me a test to do,five cent piece in air test should be picked up at 15 to 18 inches,could only pick up at 8 inches,next test,.03 of a grm.gold should pick up at 6 inches, would only pick up with coil siting on top lost signal at one inch,minelab think it may be a faulty coil,minelab have had detector for one week,still have not any information,only to say they are so busy,maybe they have a lot o returns,minelab have been so good in the past just hope they pull the finger out,as i have lost two weeks, four days expenses motel 1000klm travel ect. $36.80 to return.three friends who came with me for trial,two canceled order for 7000, one is sitting on the fence. i have had twelve detectors,detecting since 1976 have been around the block a few times,so come on mine lab, give me a fair go...bob hillier.

Sorry to hear that Bob this is what manufacturers dont get. We cant get back that time and the initial excitement. Even when you get it back you will be reserved about it always loking for faults

I'm certainly not trying to knock the 7000, but i was out again yesterday with the sdc and a bloke approached me from behind and frightened the s out of me. He remarked about the 2300 and asked about what i'd found, I showed him and asked what machine it was he was swinging. It was the 7000, i'd never seen one before, he has a 5 as well, asked him what he thought of the 7 and he was initially negative about the machine. He did say after some prodding though that he thought it was more that he wasn't up to scratch with it yet. So that's three people in a couple of weeks!
I don't know how much training's being given by Minelab to people that spend that much money, but perhaps that may have something to do with these negative feedbacks. I reckon some people contemplating buying the 7 might pull back if they are hearing this type of hesitance to talk about its good points from those that have them?

I for one wish minelab would put the price up on the zed.

I'm tired of hearing stories of people critising the zed, when they don't have one themselves. Perhaps their motive is to drive the price down, or just flat out jealous.

The least amount of people that have a zed, the more gold I can find with my zed.

Love the zed just as much, or if not more than the gold I find with the Zed.

'Zed owners digging it up' one ounce at a time :)

Glad to see your happy with the z mate. We don't hear enough of it on here. I know plenty of blokes doing well with them.

I heard today that apparently there was a field tester in Clunes testing a new minelab 10k .... probably bulldust but came from a reputable bloke here in Ballarat.

Gold trooper said:
I for one wish minelab would put the price up on the zed.

I wish the banks would do that with interest rates, loving the property bubble too, could never make that much on gold, woohoo. Just sayin.......

Well, i personally don't have an axe to grind one way or other. Couldn't give a continental. The first two blokes offered their opinion without me even asking. The third i asked because of the first two. I do know that i've now met three people out there that DO own 7000's that have now been negative in some way towards the machine. If people are doing well with it then great and good luck to them. I think Golddig hits the mark, maybe those that do have them and ARE happy should be getting on here and saying how they're finding it.
My only point about starting this thread was that i was surprised that people were being negative, and talking about selling their 7's so early into the machines release.

Hey Guys. Just to through a spanner in the works. I am thinking of buying a second hand zed. Im going to WA in July i hope, and would be green with it. I have a 5000 and can use it okay. I think it wouldn't take much to get used to. Am i being silly or do you think I could learn it in a very and i mean very short time.
I live 3hrs from a gold field so i don't think ill get to practice before i go?????

Hey jarrahrules, i certainly can't help and answer your question because i don't own or haven't used one. You might be better throwing up a new post and get the members that do own them giving you informed advise. I envy you heading west, hope it works out well for you no matter what machine you end up using and you get bag loads.

Name a new detector model made by anyone that did not get some early buyers turn around and sell in short order. It happens with every new model and every brand. It should not be a surprise, it should be expected.

The GPZ like every detector made will not suit all people for all purposes in all locations.

Latest posts