Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know a bloke who ha sold his house and moved to WA to hit old spots after pulling 34 ounces from an old patch which he knew was deep ground. I know at least another 3 prospectors who winged for weeks after buying them but after "admitting they have to forget what they learned before" they have now all sold their 5000K's

Some will cry and some will laugh but without a doubt people will always build it up like there's a new goldrush and i dont think you can pull gold from ground that doesn;'t have gold in it.

I suppose it's a horses for courses thing and sometimes people don't want to or can't retrain, or are searching areas where the gold is. I'd love to have a machine that detects a little deeper than the 2300, but in all truth i'm doing it for fun and really couldn't see myself getting too excited about digging deeeep holes in rock hard ground, even if i could afford a 7000, mind you that might change if it was a thumper nugget! But good luck to those that do have them, adds to the excitement seeing those bigger nuggets being uncovered i reckon.

Like every thing new on the market.
Many thousands of users and we are seeing a small percentage of dissatisfaction.
They are the ones who we hear, Not the ones cleaning up ounces upon ounces.
Maybe the upset ones are those who expect to buy a powerful machine and then
expect to just walk onto large nuggets.

I think you might be right there to Tath. The expectation and the hype maybe makes people think they just have to blindly walk about and find big ones everywhere. While those that know what they are doing a quietly going about cleaning up with them.

Not every detector is going to suit every detectorist and their circumstances. My particular detector suits me well at this point in my life, with the style of detecting I currently enjoy. If I was retired and had the possibility of travelling to other parts of Australia for 6 months of the year, my style would be different, and I would use a different detector, probably.
If I'd spent 10.7K ok a 7000, I'd probably be thinking it was a waste of moeny, given my circumstances and available time.

It just amazed me when they said they were selling so soon after the machines release.

Geez, you wouldn't want to stop would you? I don't want to give it away when i'm getting liitle specs. These blokes would want to keep going day and night i reckon. Amazing!

The old saying goes A happy customer may tell 10 people but an unhappy customer WILL tell 20.
10 unhappy people make way more noise than 100 happy people.
I have a 5000 but would have a 7 if I had the funds

A bigger detector means bigger sweat, I fired up the 5k the other week for the first time in ages and forget how much it makes you sweat digging deep fuggets, the SDC is a great detector but does miss deeper targets, stuff well over a foot deep I'm talking about, so the 7000 is going to make you work really super extra hard, some people just don't want to work that hard. I can understand the reasoning too in junk filled ground, though if I had good ground with large gold deep and not much junk I'd buy a 7k in a flash.

It's a very very serious detector.

I don't have a SDC, 5K or 7000 so maybe I should not coment. But as I see it, regardless what kind of machinery you got, for whatever purpose unless you are willing to observe it's works and quirks and learn from it, it will not serve you well. Usually more sophisticated machine will give you better results. But there are some people who are better off with simplier machine becouse they can grasp it's workings and use it better then something more sophisticated.
Karl

Wise words Karl. I know how to drive one of these but it does not mean I want a GPZ 7000 either, lol.

1433411001_ssl4000gplus-2.jpg

"It just amazed me when they said they were selling so soon after the machines release."

I was camped at Waanyarra for 2 mths with a brand new 5000 before I found gold,,,,,
As has been mentioned, any new machinery takes getting used to.
I hated my machine and thought I had wasted money but now I half know my machine I wouldn't trade it for the world....
99% of us treat this as a hobby, I love being out in the bush.

I think anyone who is selling there machine after such a short time made a bad purchase to begin with.

It wasn't what they really wanted.

That's my point brutus and me. i can't believe you'd throw that much money at something and give up on it that quick.

Latest posts