Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we have another GPZ7000 minelab metal detector
coming into stock tomorrow.

For anyone tempted by the zed...:)

Howdy all,
GPZ7000 metal detector back in stock.

Well we have another GPZ7000 metal detector

Still waiting for mine after dealer sent to wrong address?
We are running out of dealers that provide adequate service here in Victoria?
Can,t believe such a mistake could be possible with a $10,700 purchase? Idiots! :(

loamer said:
Don't shoot the messenger on this post - just reporting what has been on another forum. I think some of us can guess the test-pit so I have no doubt it's a very good pit. Also, I have also been told of this testing by some other people who highlighted the 1.56% improvement, which supports some other comments that the zed (7000) is marginally better. I guess we will all have to make up our own minds. I might add, this chart/report has caused a lot of chat.

"Day 1 tests on a 10 year+ established test bed (eroded gully with PVC pipes inserted in wall - typical Vic goldfields) 10 - 30 inches - gold nugget test targets
Day 2 swinging on a flattened lead with good variety of targets remaining."

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/981/1425379338_capture.png

Seen a few similar results from an extremely experienced "Professional Prospector" colleague of mine who sold his 5000 for a new 7000. Something more worrying to me from his results and obsevations, was a "Shadow Zone" from the coil config, which seems to not see certain mid sized nuggets at mid range depths that the 5000 easily picks up. Small shallow OK....large deep OK but need further convincing of much in between. :|

I'm getting hold of the 7000, and a modded 5000 from Woody next week and will run both against my standard 5000, in my own test areas, to see which in my opinion is the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm certainly sitting on the fence for several more weeks before I take any quantum leap to upgrade to what might not be the best bang for your buck. :/ My observations only and not intended to stir any wasp nests.

Wal.

No Fortune seeker not that dealer but thinking now i should have gone to them!
Surely a mower shop would offer vast superior service to a prospector rather than a dedicated prospecting store? :(

WalnLiz said:
loamer said:
Don't shoot the messenger on this post - just reporting what has been on another forum. I think some of us can guess the test-pit so I have no doubt it's a very good pit. Also, I have also been told of this testing by some other people who highlighted the 1.56% improvement, which supports some other comments that the zed (7000) is marginally better. I guess we will all have to make up our own minds. I might add, this chart/report has caused a lot of chat.

"Day 1 tests on a 10 year+ established test bed (eroded gully with PVC pipes inserted in wall - typical Vic goldfields) 10 - 30 inches - gold nugget test targets

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/981/1425379338_capture.png

Seen a few similar results from an extremely experienced "Professional Prospector" colleague of mine who sold his 5000 for a new 7000. Something more worrying to me from his results and obsevations, was a "Shadow Zone" from the coil config, which seems to not see certain mid sized nuggets at mid range depths that the 5000 easily picks up. Small shallow OK....large deep OK but need further convincing of much in between. :|

I'm getting hold of the 7000, and a modded 5000 from Woody next week and will run both against my standard 5000, in my own test areas, to see which in my opinion is the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm certainly sitting on the fence for several more weeks before I take any quantum leap to upgrade to what might not be the best bang for your buck. :/ My observations only and not intended to stir any wasp nests.

Wal.

I am sure there will be many eagerly awaiting your opinion of the new machine Wal.

I also agree.
I do have a couple of shallow leads that in places are a little too deep for my 5000, and if the 7000 does turn out to be superior in depth, then I may eventually upgrade to one. Until then I still have many areas to run the 5000 over and so far it has been finding gold for me on every trip, not every day but almost :D

Toysandthings said:
Howdy all,
GPZ7000 metal detector back in stock.

Well we have another GPZ7000 metal detector

Tempted, yes, but not at RRP

How about I give you $1,700 and you can book the $9,000 as a loss and get a $2,700 tax credit on it. The look on the tax mans face has to be worth at least a million, so you should be better off by about $993,700 on the deal.

Throw in free postage and you can have my first nugget. :D

(Note: JD has been known to give me some crazy ideas at times, not all of them end up being viable, proceed at you own risk)

Wal I have a friend that has a 5000 with mods and a 7000 he knows the 5000 inside out but the 7000 is early days and he says its got potential .Hope you will post your results ,l have been considering getting my 4500 modded but when people ask me about getting a detector modded I have always advised against it regards john :)

Want to know the coil that's on the 7000 can someone make the same coil for other minelab detectors. Could it be done I own a sd 2100 and want to get depth of 20% more ground.

I honestly think the GPZ needs to be run in deeper ground than you would normally detect to get decent Gold, on most of the flogged shallow patches you might as well run an SDC and save $7000.

I hope they keep developing MPF technology and make a bigger SDC with more coils and settings/timings.

Everytime I use the SDC I'm amazed by it and rarely come home without a nugget.

WalnLiz said:
loamer said:

Wal.

I'll be really keen to see the results Wal, especially the modded 5k will be interesting.

The Shadow zone might be there to leave some nugs for the 8000 to get. :)

lucky streak said:
Want to know the coil that's on the 7000 can someone make the same coil for other minelab detectors. Could it be done I own a sd 2100 and want to get depth of 20% more ground.

It's a Super DD and no, I cannot see these becoming 'home made' nor do I see in the short term a transfer of patent. The coil is a complete unit and there will be a range (who knows when) that will be able to be used on the 7000. The current rumour (and take it as a rumour) is that a 20" coil will be available for about $1500.

lucky streak said:

Umm, no. There's the small issue of the coil requiring a $10000+ GPZ to run it, the coil is only part of the equation. Please have a long hard think about where you are posting your questions, the content of some of them, and whether they are at all relevant to the topics.

Latest posts