Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder where maldongold works, is it miners den or coiltek Maryborough??? Maybe he should get a job on the shopping channel cos he's pumping out the 'infomercials' !

I just cant believe how gullible some people can be, $8000 for a detector thats only benefit over the 7000 is the weight. I would rather put up with the weight and put the extra money on a 7000.

Mec30 said:
I just cant believe how gullible some people can be, $8000 for a detector thats only benefit over the 7000 is the weight. I would rather put up with the weight and put the extra money on a 7000.
Well good for you sunshine.

Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
I would definitely takes Regs advice over JP any day of the week, also you havent used a 6000 how can you be so confident in it?
Why would you not take jps advice.Tell me one occasion he has steered the punters in the wrong direction.Just one will suffice,but of course you cant.
When he constantly bags x coils!! Respected prospectors have proved his claims about them are wrong!
What amazing breakthrough tech do the xcoils have that the aussie made nuggetfinders dont have.And you flap on about gullibility I think none, but you think they do so good on you.
I'm not bagging your choice.

Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
I would definitely takes Regs advice over JP any day of the week, also you havent used a 6000 how can you be so confident in it?
Why would you not take jps advice.Tell me one occasion he has steered the punters in the wrong direction.Just one will suffice,but of course you cant.
When he constantly bags x coils!! Respected prospectors have proved his claims about them are wrong!
Respected prospectors are 2 a penny and full of shit.Whats a respected prospector lol.Most of them would sell their granny for $10.

The x coils are flat wound style version of the zeds traditional windings, and the nugget finder zed search is also a bundle wound version. personally, atm, im pretty happy with the standard 15x14 zed coil, finding .2 gram speccies at good depth.

Old mate reckons that the only advantage of the 6k is weight, but I believe that its taming of emi and ground noise is the reason it sees the smaller bits, and thats a good advantage.

In perfect conditions, my zed is awesome on all size gold I have found with it so far, but when the emi is bad,I miss the faint signals , I know this because when i revisit ground I have been over during bad emi, I find the .2's etc that I missed.

I probably wont buy one, because I have a zed, and just dont have another 8K to spend. Its a hobby for me, no different to fishing, except i can keep my gold without it going stinky, and it goes up in value rather than down . i f i didnt have a zed, and due to where i live, the tropics, where thunder and lightning disrupt detecting for 3-5 months a year, i would consider a 6K for sure.

maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
Respected prospectors are 2 a penny and full of shite.Whats a respected prospector lol.Most of them would sell their granny for $10.
Certainly not JP

maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
Why would you not take jps advice.Tell me one occasion he has steered the punters in the wrong direction. Just one will suffice, but of course you cant.
What amazing breakthrough tech do the xcoils have that the aussie made Nuggetfinders don't have. And you flap on about gullibility I think none, but you think they do so good on you.
I'm not bagging your choice.
I know for a fact that x coils pick up gold missed by the stock coil and z search coil. Its fine to buy the 6000 Im just pointing out the GPZ with x coils is a hard machine to beat

grubstake said:
Mec30 said:

So why are you using a Zed like JP and not a QED like Reg? O:)
Reg has never said the qed is better than the gpz on performance?

Mec30 said:
grubstake said:
Mec30 said:

When he was selling them i recall someone on the gpz fb site asking about the qed,he told them it was "approaching gpz performance",i near fell off my chair,i politely questioned him about that claim,he'd remember i'm sure :lol:

maldongold said:
Moneybox said:
You guys can argue for a while longer......

It's delayed again....sometime in May but no delivery date available.
On the grapevine.Mid april reliable source.

It's pruning season for grapes. May delivery if all goes well this time :|

Goldchaser1 said:
Mec30 said:
grubstake said:
Mec30 said:

When he was selling them i recall someone on the gpz fb site asking about the qed,he told them it was "approaching gpz performance",i near fell off my chair,i politely questioned him about that claim,he'd remember i'm sure :lol:
HAHA,Reg the man who's burnt more bridges than i've had hot dinners and spruiked more dud products than I can remember then turned on them all like a mongrel dog and Mec30 trusts his opinion.Oh well never give a sucker an even break.

Latest posts