Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
I would definitely takes Regs advice over JP any day of the week, also you havent used a 6000 how can you be so confident in it?
Why would you not take jps advice.Tell me one occasion he has steered the punters in the wrong direction. Just one will suffice, but of course you cant.
When he constantly bags x coils!! Respected prospectors have proved his claims about them are wrong!
What amazing breakthrough tech do the xcoils have that the aussie made Nuggetfinders don't have. And you flap on about gullibility I think none, but you think they do so good on you.
I'm not bagging your choice.
I know for a fact that x coils pick up gold missed by the stock coil and z search coil. Its fine to buy the 6000 Im just pointing out the GPZ with x coils is a hard machine to beat
And i never said it was the 7000 is a magnificent wand I use one.The reasoning behind my 6000 envy is long hiking patch finding.Find the patch with 6 clean it out with the 7.......

maldongold said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Mec30 said:
grubstake said:
Mec30 said:
I would definitely takes Regs advice over JP any day of the week, also you havent used a 6000 how can you be so confident in it?

So why are you using a Zed like JP and not a QED like Reg? O:)
Reg has never said the qed is better than the gpz on performance?

When he was selling them i recall someone on the gpz fb site asking about the qed,he told them it was "approaching gpz performance",i near fell off my chair,i politely questioned him about that claim,he'd remember i'm sure :lol:
HAHA,Reg the man who's burnt more bridges than i've had hot dinners and spruiked more dud products than I can remember then turned on them all like a mongrel dog and Mec30 trusts his opinion.Oh well never give a sucker an even break.

Ive learnt and it also took a while to sink in over many years that JP usually gets it right when it comes to detectors,plus minelabs got the runs on the board,it's a solid situation.

All the winging goin on,thank god minelab (plus the coil mobs) is still investing in the gold game and with serious improvements and developments.
We've had it good:
SD's
4500-5000's
sdc
Gpz7000
gpx- flat wound coils
X coils now,there sounding good
NF gpz coils (well one)
Now a all new revamped gpx

Shite fellas if it wasn't for minelab we'd have to choose between the Garrett ATX or the QED :mad:

maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Why would you not take jps advice.Tell me one occasion he has steered the punters in the wrong direction. Just one will suffice, but of course you cant.
When he constantly bags x coils!! Respected prospectors have proved his claims about them are wrong!
What amazing breakthrough tech do the xcoils have that the aussie made Nuggetfinders don't have. And you flap on about gullibility I think none, but you think they do so good on you.
I know for a fact that x coils pick up gold missed by the stock coil and z search coil. Its fine to buy the 6000 Im just pointing out the GPZ with x coils is a hard machine to beat
And i never said it was the 7000 is a magnificent wand I use one.The reasoning behind my 6000 envy is long hiking patch finding.Find the patch with 6 clean it out with the 7.......
I hope everyone gets the 6000, leaves more gold in the ground for the 7000 with x coils

maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
Mec30 said:
maldongold said:
I know for a fact that x coils pick up gold missed by the stock coil and z search coil. Its fine to
buy the 6000 Im just pointing out the GPZ with x coils is a hard machine to beat
Harden up princess :lol:

JP on another site mentions 0.01g at good depths with the 6000.
He acknowledges that for outright depth, the 7000 is the go to machine, but makes it pretty clear that the 6000 WILL pick up smaller and deeper than the 7000.

Tathradj said:
Ok You Lot.

Back to your corners . {)

Me myself am wondering when the big lump of gold
will be found. O:)

I was pegging one to be found a bout a week before Easter. ???

Must be a covid thing. :awful:

Yep it's the Covid thing. The GPX6000 has the virus so has taken extended leave, well it didn't technically leave but it would have had it got here in the first place :lol:

BigWave said:
That's a bit harsh maldongold.
There's a great many professional and hobbyist prospectors that I respect.
I just wonder how it will go with my titanium knee?
I may be forced to keep to my 4500 with smaller coils :(
No no,I didn't say all respected prospectors. :playful:

Now just for argument sake because everybody is in on an argument where nobody really knows the answers, I'm going to add my little worthless comment.

If it's true and the GPX6000 finds small gold better than the GPZ7000 and can find big gold as well as the GPX4500/5000.

I think there's sufficient evidence that the GPX4500/5000 can out do the GPZ7000 on big gold deep.

Then I guess the GPZ7000 is, or will be in a month or so, obsolete :lol: :fire: :bomb:

Won't need a Microwave to make Popcorn when this machine arrives.

Good thing is now MoneyBox has let the cat out of the bag is
I will be able to pick up a nice machine cheap from a disillusioned
ex detectorist.

I like the design hands down it is a winner in that category.

As for the rest of it, I have no idea.

Correct, I have never stated that the QED is superior to the GPZ nor the GPX. What I have said is that in certain conditions the QED (If you have a good one) will come close to the more expensive detectors.
The good points of the QED are light weight and good signal response, making it a good prospecting machine in most conditions. (perhaps not in some WA ground)
Maldon Gold, you missed a 27.7 oz nugget at Muckleford. I didn't.

So what user tests would people like to see been done that would prove the worth of the 6000? Im sure we are going to be swamped by air tests, tests in inert soil and comparisons with machines that blind Freddy would know it should out perform. There are a lot of glass half empties out there, what test would sway the glass to full?

Dave79 said:
Not bagging the detector, don't have any idea about how well it's going to perform. But I'm pretty sure that plenty of people who think that they are going to be an "easy expert" and end up on Aussie gold hunters are going to be sorely disappointed. It's ostly minelabs marketing that's convinced me to give this one a miss, think they missed the mark for average aussie with a bit of detecting experience.

have met many in the goldfields that sold there houses and bought detectors and gear only to be dissapointed ;) ;)

Latest posts