Minelab GP Extreme tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so according to M/L service my 67 serial number machine was sold on the 9/11/2000 so I'm presuming its an early model?

cheers,
Paul

They were released November 2000 so that is a very early machine. I think they stopped making them in 2003. If it's working ok it's nothing to worry about. Any that had issues would most likely have been rectified well before now.
If you are concerned it's not operating correctly send it down. Last one I sent, awhile ago now, only cost a bit over $200 all up for a check up, timing re-alignment (was needed) & changed a few things to bring it up to the latest specs for that model (SD2200D). Had it back in around a week but not sure about turnaround times now?
$200 well spent in my opinion if it doesn't appear to be 100%

I was told by Minelab it would cost max $250 and it would be up with the latest specs for that machine and they would need it for 5 days max depending on how busy they are at the time.

but ill use it first and see how it goes. The previous owner took it to her local minelab dealer cos she didn't find gold on her first outing with it :lol:

cheers,
Paul

Hey All, I am thinking of upgrading to a new coil for my GP Extreme. I am after some advice on what to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

A friend is using a commander DD in mono mode on his extreme with great results in the last 8 months he has found 2 oz just from heaps all very small
I was using a 14x7 nf on my extreme it worked well as long as the ground was not to mineralized it worked well at Tibooburra regards john :)

Thanks for the information. I shall have to do some research. There is nothing like personal experience to weed out the sales hype.

Well I sell Detech but tbh the best all-rounder with best chance on small gold is probably the stock Minelab 11" DD.

8" DD is very sensitive to small sub gram stuff
15" DD Ultimate is great on depth without sacrificing much sensitivity
15X12" DD SEF is a good alternative to stock coil, deeper, more ground coverage, and weighs only 960g. Runs very stable for an open web

Stick to DD's on your extreme, you can always run them in the Mono position when you hit some milder ground.

Hey all. I bit the bullet and bought a new coiltek elite 15". What a wicked coil. It found my test nugget .18gm at 30 cms. I am happy as. Now i just need to get my self organised and get detecting.
Thanks for the input.

You mean the 14" Elite camo, or 14" DD Pro Elite?

If it's the Camo, then please let us know how it goes - there hasn't been many reports on the new coils on older units.

Cheers

Well went for the first run on the weekend and my god isn't it sensitive. I am thinking that i might need to get rid of the amalgam in my teeth cause i think it is setting it off. Only found some old metal bits and pieces around an old mine. Thinking of going back and digging out the entrance and letting the water flow. I wish i had taken some photos. Better luck next time i hope....

Hi all, I have a GP Extreme and am thinking about getting the Coiltek mono elite (camo).
Has anyone tried this series of coils on their Extreme?
Which one have you used on the Extreme?
Did it make a difference?
If so, how much of a difference?
$450 is a fair bit of cash if it doesn't make a difference, I've been on the Coiltek website and the testimonials are good, but let's face it, they wouldn't put up bad reports, so I'm always sceptical of a website with testimonials.

Any input you guys could give would be great.
Thanks,
Paul

PhaseTech said:
Hey mate, feel free to grab my 14" elite for a play.

Wow! Now there's an offer I cant refuse :-D
It will probably be on my next break as im back in work on Wednesday, Ill call you later.
Thanks very much Nenad

Tictac said:
Well went for the first run on the weekend and my god isn't it sensitive. I am thinking that i might need to get rid of the amalgam in my teeth cause i think it is setting it off. Only found some old metal bits and pieces around an old mine. Thinking of going back and digging out the entrance and letting the water flow. I wish i had taken some photos. Better luck next time i hope....

Any new reports Tictac?
Cheers,
Paul

Latest posts