Minelab GP Extreme tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all picked one of these up last week, and i think its pretty good,

I'm using it in the triangle in Victoria, so any hints and tips on settings, coils, the best way to squint... :D . would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Laurie :p :lol:

Laurie have you watch Jonathan porters DVD the GP series? I would highly recommend that DVD. It goes into the use of the GP extreme and GP3000. Worth every cent in my opinion..roscoe

Coiltek 14" DD. Not to big, not to small and has a proven track recorded with the gp extreme.

hey thanks guys....375 for a 14"DD...whoa!

have to do a bit of overtime this week for that baby or look for a decent second hand one!

Laurie, I would watch the video first and ask more question on the coil choice in your area. What may work fine in one location may not be good in another location. Just for your info there was a few versions of that coil. If memory serves me right one was for the SD series detectors , one was for the GP series detectors and the other for the GPX series detectors. There is a lot of info on the Coiltek webb site. Have a good read on there site Laurie. Jack Lange used the coiltek ufo coil 12 x 24 in his videos and he said that it was a good coil for the GP extreme. Good luck roscoe

Laurie I could post that JP video down to you when you finish with it post them back, will save you a few bucks there mate.

This article covers some settings and points for you. I agree with Diggerdude - Vic Fields - older PI detectors = DD coil. The 11" should do you. Get used to it then have a play with other coils. I ran a 2200 for years and only ever used DD ( and still run it with big DD now). They are nice and quiet, good on all sized gold and if you find a patch and think 'what if I had a 5000', go and hire one - save some $$

http://www.prospectorspatch.com.au/eshop/pages/Handy-Hints.html

hey rosco that would be awesome!

trying to find how to PM in this forum!
email me [email address removed as per forum rules, please add contact details to your profile - Nugget

and that handy hint page is the ducks nuts...thanks loamer!

GP extreme they are good check the serial numbers the last were the best the only thing is I would add a ground balance button to it , that makes it a lot better detector to use mono coils on in fixed tracking.Good luck regards john :)

hi all i have brought a speaker for my gp extreme and i think it needs a boost any idea what one and where to get one many thanks

Latest posts