Minelab Gold Monster 1000 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stella said:
I'm looking at this for a first detector to get me started - can't quite get away with around $2500 for a used SDC2300 so I'm really hoping the reviews are good!

And the rest! Closer to $3,000 if the sales I've seen recently are anything to go by.

grubstake said:
Stella said:
I'm looking at this for a first detector to get me started - can't quite get away with around $2500 for a used SDC2300 so I'm really hoping the reviews are good!

And the rest! Closer to $3,000 if the sales I've seen recently are anything to go by.

$2500 isn't going to happen so anything more won't either. Pretty sure I saw a couple on eBay for around that so it may have been starting price.
Either way it will be the price point of the Gold Monster 1000 I start at.

Just my humble opinion but before you shell out your hard earned cash on the " monster " remember where you live! Australia is PI territory. Or most of it anyway. I've had lots of vlf machines and the fact of the matter is... A PI will beat em in the Australian goldfields every time! VLF machines are King in the States and many other places where the ground is more forgiving but not in this country.

Can't be long now until the first Gold Monsters are released. My local detector outlet have one and are selling ticket for it which will be raffled this coming weekend. I am guessing they would not be allowed to raffle one before the release date.

Hopefully it's not too much longer, pretty eager to see how these babies handle the ground around here!!

Gold Monster they reckon..
It's extremely important amongst those who are looking forward to picking up a new unit to find out a bit about them, dealer/tester reviews never will cut it.
That early info is pretty whacked...

Look, I can give you the run down on it's very mild ground to hot ground handling, and the true gist of the way the auto sensitivity mixes in with the permanent tracking, and how the correlation copes. As well as direct comparisons it to most other vlf's, new and old, we can take into the goldfields.
But I'm buggered if I'm going to go to the trouble of posting it up if a mod or admin simply delete it due to sponsor damage control.
So let me know either way...

Hi argyle2,

I'm pretty keen to get a Gold Monster purely for the discrimination - I don't have a detector that can do this.

So, yes I am pretty keen to hear your thoughts as I'm sure many others are.

I can't see why the mods/sponsors would have an issue with your opinions? The Monster is only being tauted as an entry level detector so although I am expecting it to perform OK, I'm not expecting to retire from a windfall of yellow ;)

Maybe a mod can chip in here and give the green light?

Thanks, Northeast.

As long as the reviews are based on fact and not biased I cannot see an issue.
Love to read the real life reviews from the experts in the field.
I think the moderators only remove reviews when they become either rants or skewed results.

Cheers

Based on his cautiousness it sounds like it's going to be bad.

Keep in mind it was made for the African market (apparently)?

As long as it is factual it should not matter if a reviewer feels the product is not going to perform the role that they thought it should or the manufacturer claims it will.

Factual negative reviews are just as relevant and worthwhile as factual positive reviews. Especially to a potential buyer :Y:

I've said it before on here and will say it again, the mod team here is not biased toward having good or bad reviews or biased toward any manufacturers at all. All we want here are honest reviews from people who have used the equipment they are writing about.

Looking forward to some factual reviews of the Goldmonster whether they are glowing or not.

Latest posts