Me & my at pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some good finds there Dave, silvers are lookin good, nice old brittania half penny and the token looks old too.
good to be in the full pistol club too hey ! :Y:
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Some great finds there Dave, the token was especially a good find, even if a bit oxidised. Still got a working spud gun somewhere around the house, had many hours of amusement from that as a kid. ;)

Thank you everyone. The token is. M Leigh. Tobacconist. George street Sydney --Britannia on the other. I have no idea of what year it might be. It came from the same area I got my first cartwheel penny so who knows. I'll put it in some oil and let it sit for a while I think. Cheers

Museum Victoria website.
Copper one penny token,minted by an unknown British mint.Issued by J.M Leigh,Tobacconist,Sydney,circa 1852.In 1851 James Mayne Leigh began trading in George street East,Sydney.Leigh was still trading in 1861.In 1866 the business closed,but the partners opened a new business,Watkins and Leigh,Wholesale Grocers,and wine and spirit merchants at 422 George Street.Nice find Dave Law.
1496149423_image.jpg

Always good to get outside - a bad day detecting is always better than a good day at work :)

Won't be long and you'll have a Dues I reckon,then you'll set the Hunter Valley alight :cool:

Well done on the headphones,must be nice going wireless :Y:

Latest posts