Trilobite App

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had the Trilobite - Australian Geology Travel Maps app in my phone for ages. I baulked at it because it requires a subscription to use. I saw it mentioned in another thread which made me think to revisit it.

Is the app useful and worth paying for?

Justin & Mary...

Hi all,

I have had the Trilobite - Australian Geology Travel Maps app in my phone for ages. I baulked at it because it requires a subscription to use. I saw it mentioned in another thread which made me think to revisit it.

Is the app useful and worth paying for?

Justin & Mary...
very useful, it has all the Aussie states and NZ as well, yes the yearly sub is very cheap and it lest you use all the various maps in that for the price, if yo want to use the mining tenements then each state is a separate extra charge still very cheap,

We mostly use it in WA when we go there for detecting and it is excellent, it has info about any mining and or exploration lease and the various maps like Geo and topo and mineral deposits etc etc even pastoral lease boundaries

you can mark you finds and leave your trails on it as well, this is a screen shot as an example, this is zoomed right in, if zoomed out you will see the leases and or the Geo map
1706406278368.png

cheers dave

very useful, it has all the Aussie states and NZ as well, yes the yearly sub is very cheap and it lest you use all the various maps in that for the price, if yo want to use the mining tenements then each state is a separate extra charge still very cheap,

We mostly use it in WA when we go there for detecting and it is excellent, it has info about any mining and or exploration lease and the various maps like Geo and topo and mineral deposits etc etc even pastoral lease boundaries

you can mark you finds and leave your trails on it as well, this is a screen shot as an example, this is zoomed right in, if zoomed out you will see the leases and or the Geo map
View attachment 12623

cheers dave
I’m looking for a cheap gps app and saw these bonus info apps. Do the app companies have access to your tracks and markers?

If your talking about Trilobite that we use, it is Satellite, so what shows on the map your using is yours and only if you share it with them can they have access to it.
Thank you for replying. I might give it a go. I only wanted gps just incase I got lost but it’d be really useful to be able to save favourite spots

Latest posts