Lightweight metal detectors?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair enough, well good luck mate i hope you find one that dosnt strain your arm and you can stay in our great hobby, let us know how you get on with it
cheers
Jamie

Dues is lightweight, many options. The 3030 sales I expect would have come down since the deus came to market with steady suppliers.
There are other options you may want to consider. Have you settled on what you want?

rocketaroo said:
Admission from a Deus owner.....after swinging a ctx the otherday.....its perfectly balanced, and not hard to swing at all.

I think you nailed it there Rocket, I think it's more a balance thing that makes some detectors difficult to swing for long periods.

Deus is incredibly light though and a very powerful and versatile unit.

Often, for me, the real test is how comfortable it feels over the long hunts, and over weeks of detecting different days. Height and how well you adjust a machine can have an impact too.
Changing coils from small to medium to large equally so. That to me starts to widen the gap even if performance is close. Trouble is you can spend a few thousand trying to figure it out.

A 20 minute hunt here and there you can use any machine really.

No beating the deus for comfort, I know two guys who would do far less detecting, if they didnt use a deus.

I made up a harness for my CTX couple weeks ago.

I used to be able to swing for a good couple hours before arm and shoulder got a bit sore, up here in FNQ, it takes even less time to feel absolutely buggered.

After a quick google on options and what others use, I whipped this up in 10mins with stuff I had around the house.

Items used..

1 x Camera Bag Strap
1 x Old Bungee Cord (will be replaced with smaller one soon)
2 x old hanging hooks (no interferance with hooks as yet but will be replaced with plastic)
1 x Piping insulation for neck and comfort.
3 x Cable ties.

Works a treat!!

Put left arm in loop up to shoulder, strap goes around neck and down right too hook on and away you go (Obviously can also be used by lefties also (Not the political kind)).

Hope this helps with some easy and affordable ideas.

1464912846_imag1283.jpg

Racer 2 with a small 5" coil, or even the 10x5", very light and balanced.

CTX is very comfortable to me, but then I'm used to the GPZ and GPX with big coils.

Latest posts