Just got permission for fossicking!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After 1year of door knocking 1000s of "NO" i finally got a yes....
I have a new patch of ground to work ....do da do da.. :p
Some gold was found in the area but no soarce located.
I will say that there is a waterfall on the property.... im going to have a look today!!!
I feel like im 12 again... so gob smacked!!! Im so used to hearing nah mate! I didnt know how to respond to a yeah i will let ya give it a go.! My knees went weak n shakey my words drunken hahaha i nearly fell over almost weeeeed.

So off i go today .....speak to ya all savo. :D

Well done and it goes to show that persistence pays off............eventually.
Hopefully it gives up some good colour for your efforts.

yobskin said:

Mate your off out of the gates with the holeshot in the 2015 Gold Cup!

This could be a gold medal opportunity it sounds.

Will wait for news after the first lap. ;)

yobskin said:
I will say that there is a waterfall on the property.... im going to have a look today!!!
I feel like im 12 again... so gob smacked!!! Im so used to hearing nah mate! I didnt know how to respond to a yeah i will let ya give it a go.! My knees went weak n shakey my words drunken hahaha i nearly fell over almost weeeeed.

So off i go today .....speak to ya all savo. :D
Well done Yoskin,
What do ya reckon made the difference this time? Did you change your approach in any way?, offer him % of any finds, hit him with a slab maybe? Just wondering as over here in SA there is no other choice but to go to land owners cap in hand for permission to detect anywhere. Need all the persuasive tactics possible.
Cheers Adrian.

Wow what a day!!! Found the waterfall ...full bedrock formation.
Both creeks were full of wash gravel (quartz sandstone brown bedrock) didnt find any colour. Detected most of the hill and dry creek bed plenty of hits iron,nickell zinc ....test pans still didnt find colour. I think there might be 10 foot of overburden looks like a landslide from pastoral clearing 100+ years ago.
I didnt offer % no slab didnt even brush my hair!!! Was sober dont think that matters ( most farmers are half cut by lunch).
Im putting it down to a long sleeve shirt (with buttons) long pants prospector hat n boots and my charming smile!! Mind you im 3/4 full tattooed and i usually scare the bejesus out of most folks. Neck hands feet and face are not tattooed. :p

Waterfall?

Did you test pan below the drop only, or did you try the elevation stream sediment also?

You mention gold finds in the area but no source located??

How do you know this?

Metamorphic said:
Waterfall?

Did you test pan below the drop only, or did you try the elevation stream sediment also?

You mention gold finds in the area but no source located??

How do you know this?
I test panned every 5metres from above waterfall to end of property boundry 1.5 km ....

I find more information at my local library than google..
Old foot notes from journalist news pappers ....
And claim disputes we have a gold museum in town and the historical club help to...

:D

The owners grandson drove me up the hill in an old landy bush basher...roll start solar panels led lights stuck on with liquid nails lol... :eek: (chasey seats and weeds growing in it)
Drove like a mad man (real scary steep) he smashed it up that tree/cliff/boulder infested mountain!! arrived at his lil caravan on top!! How did ya get that up here??? (Chopper). Ok... :eek:
Its his little hunting lodge! setup pretty good for a boy of 8!!!
Yes thats right he is 8!!! I stained my pants several times in that landy going up! :8
He pretty much followed me around all day told me some good jokes he had the maturity level of a 20year old.
I seen plenty of hot dogs stoyve they were walking around eating grass and taking dumps everywhere ....they heard my detector and came investigating i had to pushem out of the way one of them new how to open me esky n pinched me apples left the roast beef sambo and me kilkenny. :D

Ahh yobskin,
I love your adventure and wish you the best of best luck at your new haunt.
And I must say "your the gift that just keeps on giving"
(ie: the hotdogs)
Cheers Steve ;)

Latest posts