Jamieson - Kevington - Woods Point

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've just been given the green light by the wife to head away for a few nights to go camping and fishing.
As the title says I'm looking at heading towards the Jamieson, Kevington and Woods Point area.
It will be just me, the fishing rods, a swag and an esky!
I've done a bit of googling and noticed there are some gold bearing creeks around this area.
Has anyone prospected around this area before? It also looks like some of the places I was going to fish are on the prospecting exempted list.
I've been up into the bush to Old Kevington before and found the old gold fields which was very interesting with some very deep mine shafts.
I was just wondering it if would be worth taking a gold pan and maybe my small river sluice.
Even if the prospecting is a no go, I'll be sure to take the camera and post some fishing pics.
Cheers

Grannies Flat is a sensational camping spot, do a bit of legging and the fish/gold ( 2 & 3 lb trout) are there.
With the right maps you may also find a potatoe patch a bit upstream of the flat
cheers Keith

Latest posts