It's a ruff life being a dog.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww bugger! sorry to hear that Bazz...yep it stings like hell when you lose your best mate.
Elvis was a sweetie and a star. Front page of the Kalgoorlie miner and a bazillion youtubes and photos all over the world.

Was very snake aware and would not go near one but alert you to thier presense. The only snake she ever attacked was one that a couple of feet from me that I didn't see. Unfortunately it got her on the face.

About 5 minutes was enough, the hardest bullet I've ever fired.

So sad to hear of people losing their best friends. We waited 4 or 5 years after losing our last boy. I wish we had not waited so long.

OH. TJ had his first visit to a beach today. He loved it and even got to see a pod of dolphins.

1544321494_tjbeach1.jpg

The Rainbows Bridge Poem
RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

for those in need of a little something and the reason i started on my current journey
Pagan P

Well it's been a ruff life for our canine family recently. One of the grandson's dogs was killed by a brown snake a few days ago. Poor little man ran in to his mum saying he couldn't wake Turbo up. The daughter saw the snake the next morning. Turbo is now at rest in our yard with other pets who have crossed the rainbow bridge. RIP Turbo.

1546840369_49461713_10156966539961450_2692548434182799360_n.jpg

Yesterday TJ and I went out exploring. We came across a site where they are digging holes for a construction project. It seem they dug up an old dump with LOTS of bottles. As I was collecting bottles TJ was running around and sliced his paw open. Probably on a broken bottle. So off to the vet. They cleaned it and bandaged it up with some medical grade honey. Poor bugger is so uncomfortable with the bandage and cone on his head. Going to be an interesting few days trying to keep him from being too active.

1546840322_20190106_093456.jpg

1546840725_20190107_161611.jpg

1546840727_20190107_163733.jpg

Oh no, not the cone of shame. My dog used to knock everything in the house over with his hoping that we'd get sick of picking stuff up and take it off!

Yeah I am hearing you. He has already jumped onto my lap and smashed it in my face. As long as he leaves his bandage alone it will stay off. Just wanted to get him used to the cone. He will be needing it in a few weeks.... snip snip.

It's a personal choice but we found that the dog is "quieter". Both Cassius our Boxer(past) and Nelson our Cocker Spaniel became much more homely when they were "fixed up".

Jaros said:
It's a personal choice but we found that the dog is "quieter". Both Cassius our Boxer(past) and Nelson our Cocker Spaniel became much more homely when they were "fixed up".

Yes we hear all those type comments. It really is the best thing as we don't want any stray litters of unwanted pups around. Rego is cheaper but the cost of the op balances it out. I would love to have one litter from TJ before the deed is done but trying to be responsible dog owners. He is a pretty true breed. Mum is a lovely red heeler and his dad is a Smithfield which is a very pure bloodline.

Latest posts