Introducing myself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well firstly, it has only taken me about 15 mins to work out how to access this page, so I trust I'm in the right place to say hello (PC illiterate).

My interest in prospecting began many years ago, however, has taken off like a rocket in the last couple of months after becoming "bored" while camping...let's face it, there's only so may books you can read before you go cross-eyed, and only so many fish you can eat in a few days. I love the peace and quiet in the bush ..yes, even the Kookaburra alarm clock and grunting Koalas (now sleep with ear plugs!).

I've had gold pans for years (were gathering dust in the garage until recently) and recently purchased a Gold Rat sluice and a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 (my early Xmas present to myself). Have found a few very small specks panning and have dug up lots of beer cans so far! I'm appalled at the amount of rubbish people leave behind!

The information I've read on this site has really inspired me to join up and I thank every single person who contributes here. That's about it for now. Cheers!

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me...can't work out how to reply individually (told you I'm PC illiterate!) I'm in the western suburbs of Melbourne...but "escape to the country" as often as possible :D

Latest posts