Interesting Reading

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spot on Manpa.

Not really a fan of whacking ponies myself but it has to be done or there will be a disaster. I'm fast approaching my 6500th horse and there still just doesn't seem to be a reduction in numbers...they just keep coming.

I think we need to introduce crocs to the water holes and lions in the bush :Y:

madtuna said:
Spot on Manpa.

Not really a fan of whacking ponies myself but it has to be done or there will be a disaster. I'm fast approaching my 6500th horse and there still just doesn't seem to be a reduction in numbers...they just keep coming.
I think we need to introduce crocs to the water holes and lions in the bush :Y:
MT, I reckon you just wanna reduce the number of wayward detector swinging bipeds in your realm :p

7.62marksman said:
RM Outback said:
Yes they get out of paying anyway they can
They are all ripoff you know whats

Not all, we received a significant TPD payment from the wifes superannuation but I will say that when her company changed their superannuation provider we looked closely at the new insurance attached and stayed with her old policy and super provider.
Human nature, we tend not to look at super like we look at car insurance etc as it seems to be in the background and just happens without any real thought.

I wish! 61 so far this week and that's not including the other 50 or so that made it safely into the tree line of the other 500 or so I didn't see

madtuna said:

This bloke isn't in favour
https://www.theland.com.au/story/6577389/feral-camel-cull-beyond-stupidity-expert-says/

Would be good to have the infrastructure to capitalise. The cost and special needs of the primary infrastructure to get them into the abattoir is the hurdle by the looks of it. MT do you know of anyone mustering the camels for market if so are you able to give some insight into the process.

madtuna said:
I wish! 61 so far this week and that's not including the other 50 or so that made it safely into the tree line of the other 500 or so I didn't see

I need to bring one of my rifles over and show ya how it's done, won't be no 50 or so making it to safety. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RM Outback said:
madtuna said:

This bloke isn't in favour
https://www.theland.com.au/story/6577389/feral-camel-cull-beyond-stupidity-expert-says/

Would be good to have the infrastructure to capitalise. The cost and special needs of the primary infrastructure to get them into the abattoir is the hurdle by the looks of it. MT do you know of anyone mustering the camels for market if so are you able to give some insight into the process.
Have a friend who musters a limited amount of camels for his own use though not for commercial purposes.
There are a number of hurdles...

The size of camels mean they will not fit in most cattle trucks and would need to be carted in modified or purpose built single deck trucks.

The limited amount you can fit on a deck as opposed to cattle, and the distance to abattoirs would mean transport costs could be cost prohibitive.

Abattoirs would need to be modified or purpose built to suit as camels are much larger than cattle.

As the market for camel meat is mostly Arab or Muslim it would need to be done Halal again adding to the cost.

Digger58 said:
madtuna said:

I need to bring one of my rifles over and show ya how it's done, won't be no 50 or so making it to safety. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You've never actually seen a camel outside of google or a zoo have you

Latest posts