I quit my job!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiKaren

Karen
Reaction score
When I say quit I mean gave 5 weeks notice but still the count down is on!
Last year was pretty rough health wise and I have just been so burnt out and stressed that I now have shingles! I dont have another job in mind as of yet. The plan is to have a month (or two if I can) of simply doing nothing.
I am re-evaluating pretty much everything at the moment so waiting to see how the dust settles and where to from here.
I am a bit anxious about taking this unemployed leap but also excited as I will have time to get back out to my lapidary club (Ive been too tired to go after work) and out prospecting/fossicking!
Ive been wanting to learn guitar for a long time now and I am also interested in photography so this year looks to be an interesting one!
Sorry for all of the !!! but the reality of quitting has just hit me today!!
:8 :D :| :cool: :)

Good move karen shingles is nothing to take lightly. Enjoy yourself remove the stress and foxus on awesome thibgs like gold and gems :)

WOW,
Hope it leads to a new positive direction in your life.

Work sucks and most of us consider quitting at some stage every now and then, better to be happy than stuck in a job you hate.

I didnt HATE my job but needed a change.
G0lddigg@ shingles was just the final straw - 3 surgeries, chemo, radio, infected fingernails, bald & reaction to antibiotics...... It was like getting kicked while your down having shingles at the end of all that!
Getting excited about being able to go out prospecting. Just bought some tiny jars to put the gold in when I find it :D
Glad it is a new year - Onwards and upwards!

Karen, it takes a long time to get over what you & your body have been through both physically and especially mentally and stress is the enemy, simplifying your life and things will start to get better.
I've had 4 surgeries with radio each time, was told the last one in '06 was probably the last they could do and so far so good. I don't stress about it because there's no point, I just live life and take it as it comes, if something gets to stressful I remove it and get on with life, luckily for me I need my work, it pays well and keeps me from going stir crazy thinking about things to much.

You're lucky in that this is a new chapter in life waiting for you to write it, look at it as an adventure and it's the unknown that keeps us all going, if we could predict our futures it would be pretty boring.
You've made the right move and you'll get times when you get really down about it all, just remember, it's not forever and when you're down the only way is up.
If ever you feel you need someone to chat to about stuff from someone who understands where you're coming from don't hesitate to message me, my partner Tracey is a qualified councillor and she helped me understand so many of my frustrations in life that were so easy to change or fix, anyway, good luck with it all and remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, take one step at a time.

Now, where's that gold hiding again...............

Pete.

Never good to be without work but if your not happy in what your doin take a break and something elese will pop up and you will be saying I should have done this 5 years back hope it all works out for you and your health bud

Gday Karen,
Your past enthusiasm and excited posts when you 1st joined shows to me that you're a winner.
I believe from what youve said in the past that hubby is a great support, so hang in there, rest up, and get refreshed.
All the best,
Cheers Steve :)

Thanks everyone! I like that at the moment anything is possible this year. Looking forward to taking it easy for a bit then attacking when refreshed.
I have just messaged a friend and now heading out next weekend to pan. Going to go to Slaty Creek (Creswick) and the other one I cant remember the name of just outside of daylesford under the power line. If anyone runs into us please say hi :)
Im the chick with super short hair and my friend will prob be barefoot in the creek getting excited over super tiny gemstones :D
(I will also be getting excited over super tiny gemstones fyi)

Well it seems we have a few Cancer survivors amongst us!

A young guy at work is doing the bike ride to conquer our cancer in honour of his late father who died a few years back ( cancer patient ) .
I had a chat with my family and was able to raise a very nice donation for Peter Mac cancer research, and we just had a next door neighbour
loose his battle with cancer.

Be generous with good charities and treasure your friends, families and get all your bucket lists going, life is too short, make the most of every day. :cool:

Swinging & digging said:
Well it seems we have a few Cancer survivors amongst us!

A young guy at work is doing the bike ride to concour cancer in honour of his late father who died a few years back ( cancer patient ) .
I had a chat with my family and was able to raise a very nice donation for Peter Mac cancer research, and we just had a next door neighbour
loose his battle with cancer.

Be generous with good charities and treasure your friends, families and get all your bucket lists going, life is too short, make the most of every day. :cool:

Yep!

See KK, what you have highlighted is the sole reason I can not endure such petty complaining by those whom do not have such REAL world concerns. May the sun shine brightly upon your path and may your troubles be few. May the gold find your hands and gemstones too.

I consider myself fortunate not to have had the misfortune to endure what you have shared. Unfortunately I have had many good people around me suffer from outside things not of their choosing. It heartens me greatly your embrace in a change. I sincerley wish you all the best.

Time to start living the dream, sometimes it takes a little push, others a bigger push, and for most of us .....push all you like and ill still go back to crappy work and wait for my whole life to pass me by for what? Quitting a job often takes a lot of guts and introspection so good on you for making a stand and creating your destiny.

Hope you find some awesome gems and gold!!! One door closes and another one opens.....time to enjoy life and not let it pass by unnoticed.

KiwiKaren said:
I didnt HATE my job but needed a change.
G0lddigg@ shingles was just the final straw - 3 surgeries, chemo, radio, infected fingernails, bald & reaction to antibiotics...... It was like getting kicked while your down having shingles at the end of all that!
Getting excited about being able to go out prospecting. Just bought some tiny jars to put the gold in when I find it :D
Glad it is a new year - Onwards and upwards!

There's a few of us here on PA on the same journey, nurture yourself, strive to be happy!

I tell everyone that I'm going to live forever and so far so good..! ;)

casper

Latest posts