Howdy everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurum

Dennis
Reaction score
I am currently located in the Canberra region and soon moving to WA. In general been prospecting from time to time over the years but not in the last 10 years. I had a GPX Extreme not long after they come out. Only had a chance to go out a few times but had to end up selling it. Have the last 8 years in exploration for bulk commodities (iron ore) in the Pilbara region of WA. Some of our Exploration Licences have potential for gold - such as ~1km strike of quartz whereby assays show anomalous gold values and copper (malachite - assayed 10% on hand held XRF); and a tenement along/adjacent to the Nanjilgardy Fault which hosts the Paulsens and Olympus gold mines in the southern Pilbara. I also have a few exploration and prospecting licences close to Kalgoorlie.

We manage our own tenements in WA and have sound understanding of the WA Mining Act 1978. If anyone is looking to submit new exploration or prospecting licences in WA but don't know the process or how to start, I may be able to assist and give you some handy pointers.

Have followed some posts on this forum from time to time, now getting into prospecting hopefully more on a full time basis with a business partner, so thought i'd become a member. I knew of a similar forum probably over 15 years ago and met a few guys on there at Maryborough VIC.

Keen to catch up with some prospectors around the Canberra region and WA.

Good luck to all and get out there.....

Welcome aboard mate, your knowledge of geology and having access to an RF gun is a true bonus!!
It will be interesting to hear of your exploits on your leasess!! Looking forward to some stories!

Thanks Simmo. Having some knowledge of geology will certainly be a bonus. Access to the XRF gun was unfortunately a once off specific for a recent field trip (iron ore). I have heard that XRF guns are no good for gold/silver (coming from experienced operators). Good for gold indicator minerals like As and other minerals that are detectable on a general XRF suite (Cu, Zn, Zr, Pb, Fe, etc). Hope i've got some stories to tell soon.

Looking for detecting places in South Australia on the way through from NSW/VIC (likely end Feb or early March). Haven't searched the forum yet and will do so in the first instance.

Hi HeadsUp.

The XRF we used was Niton XL3t but not sure the exact model.

We haven't done any scrape/detect or other surface mining as yet, this is exactly what we are initially intending on doing in the coming months. Our prospecting licences have historical (recent) exploration drill holes with some nice intercepts of gold up to +3 g/t and overall looking like an average up to 17m @ +1 g/t with possible strike length initially +800m; anticipating there should be nuggets close to surface along strike. Given there's historical drilling and mineralisation we should be able to lodge a mining lease over the PL's in a few months time. There is also nickel mineralisation up to 1.5% Ni on our PL's and we have a potential JV partner for Ni rights or possibly selling all other commodity rights bar precious metals (Au, Ag, Pt, Pd, etc).

So unable to provide cost scenario as yet. But keep in touch and I can inform you of progress as we go forward. Doesn't appear I have access to PM's yet.

I have found another area further north on crown land with some recent drilling that has decent intercepts of gold - no native title claims over the area :)

Cheers

Latest posts