Thanks all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Firstly, I just wanted to say G'day and thanks for all the amazing information on this forum. Its truly been enlightening and I've certainly learned a lot from all of you. What a great community.

A little about me... I've spent the majority of my teenage and adult life exploring deep in to the High Country of NSW, ACT and VIC by foot and recording European historical sites across the mountains. This predominately involves old gold workings. Over the years I've developed a pretty keen eye for just about anything gold mine related. However, I never gave much thought to prospecting, especially as its off limits in the National Parks (for good reason).

Recently I picked up a GPX 5000 and a few coils and I've been having a lot of fun swinging it around the GT and various (legal) places in NSW.

I picked up my first piece of gold on my very first trip near Tarnagulla a few months back.

Mostly, I just enjoy the history, research, camping and time outdoors. The gold is just a bonus. This has been a really lovely extension of my passions for bushwalking and local history.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Specie.jpg
    Specie.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard, Snowgum.

We've got a lot of members with an abiding interest in the history, scenery and wildlife of those remote High Country regions you've spent so much time exploring. Hopefully there's stories and photos you can share with the group, so that more can enjoy some of the now-forgotten places that pioneers trekked to in the early days, hoping to make their fortunes on or from the land.

You're off to a great start with the prospecting too! Tarnagulla's not the easiest of places to find gold nowadays, much less a specimen as good as your piece. Congratulations. đź‘Ś

Latest posts