How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
Gotta warm you up don't we? ;)

yeah not arf, it's 2.7 now and I put on my thermal welly boots, the cold comes up through the concrete floor for some reason and it goes straight through my normal boots.

I wouldn't mind if it was seriously cold because you can dress to suit but it is not cold enough to wear the heavy duty gear and normal cloths don't cut it.

I just been reading about the early Iditarod sled dog races where the temps got down to -130*f/-90*c with the wind chill, I can't imagine temps like that, that would freeze your skin in seconds, nothing could prepare a person for that type of weather.

There is a good series on YT about the 2008 race by "Husky John" the race is 1049 miles / 1687,84 K's in honour of the dog teams that came to the rescue when in 1925 a Train carrying vaccine got bogged in the snow that was bringing it because of a Diphtheria outbreak in Alaska.

There are 6 videos in total,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZvVlo1RIG0

Well after the stinking hot weather lately I was driving home tonight and I saw two raindrops on my windscreen , I thought it worthy of further investigation so I pulled up to confirm it really was rain.

I didnt have long to wait , they were soon followed by two more which is a relief because in my book , two raindrops could just as well be bird piss , but four is definitely rain .

:party:

Lots an lots of rain here......pretty cool now.
I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.
I've only seen rain like this once before in the 20 odd years I've lived in the tropics. And that was when a cyclone formed over land and sat on top of us for 3 days.
We have copped about 700mm this week.

Jaros said:
It's 24 deg C here and I might have to wear some socks!!! :eek:

Lol, My weather doodad just updated it's self and it is going to be -16*c on Wednesday ( 7th ) It's 2.7*c at the moment and dropping :eek:

might have to sell the car fridge :mad: :mad:

lol.

Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

Lol, My weather doodad just updated it's self and it is going to be -16*c on Wednesday ( 7th ) It's 2.7*c at the moment and dropping :eek:

lol.
Now the hard part...which of the 20 thermos's to have a nice hot cup of tea from :D

Is it thermos's, thermoses or thermi?

madtuna said:
Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

lol.
Now the hard part...which of the 20 thermos's to have a nice hot cup of tea from :D

Is it thermos's, thermoses or thermi?

Lol, I don't know but the biggest one will do as a backup :Y: :lol: :lol:

Jaros, That's a great Idea but I wish I had got the bigger one :( I don't fit :eek:

With the wind chill here it is a balmy -4.6 at the moment, Scotland is a litter cooler at -5.2 and dropping,

The cold weather gear is only good for going out side because the coat makes me too fat to fit in the Truck and the boots are so Gynormous they don't fit in the foot well let alone fit on the pedals, :mad: :mad:

when I bought them I did not realize how big they are from the pictures, the soles of the boots are close to 6" wide and over 14" long, Bigfoot has nothing on these things :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wishfull said:
Jaros said:

I had a jumper on last night and trackies !
Next Wednesday up to 37 again :N:

Wimp, Lol, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I use to do the same, when I came here I thought I was prepared, that was a rude awakening for sure.

Latest posts