How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks RM, I bounce well so all good aye, some places had over 50cms of Snow in a few hours and many roads are closed and over 3000 people had to spend the night in there cars and trucks stuck on the motorways, over 100 people had to sleep on a train that broke down, some of the Snow drifts were over 7 foot deep. about 10 people died from the cold, One was a little girl who was playing at home when a car skidded off the road and went in to the house,

It surprizes me how many people over here just don't know how to drive in the Snow.

J.

That's really sad for the little girl and her family 8.( and the other people who passed. I've never lived in a climate like that so find your reports interesting. Stay safe I hope the weather improves for you all sooner rather than later.

RM Outback said:
That's really sad for the little girl and her family 8.( and the other people who passed. I've never lived in a climate like that so find your reports interesting. Stay safe I hope the weather improves for you all sooner rather than later.

Yeah terrible thing,

I got up yesterday and it was 3.5*c in the bathroom, that was a wakeup call, It only got down to -12.5* here with the wind, I think I will wait til it warms up before I swing a coil, It got a lot colder up north and down in the southwest, I have enough cold weather gear to get me through most things so the cold is not a problem, It is funny listening to people moan that they are cold then I look and they are wearing trainers and hoody tops or summer jackets,

Watch this video, the Lady bus driver did well to recover from this, those things weight about 9 ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeQX9BBBfOk

After all the cold weather we have had here I got home only to find that we have no water due to burst underground pipes further up the road, lucky for me I had a flask full and I had the jug full as well or I would have nothing to drink, how on earth can that happen when the pipes are a meter deep is beyond me, it's 01:40am and still no water.

I will have to rough it and survive on Beer, bloody things I go through just to keep you lot entertained :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT-: it's quite warm now, I just went for a walk to see if they were working on the pipes in the street and it's 6*c, I hate the heat waves.

Wishfull said:
Heat wave at 6 degrees yeah damn heat :)
Like you said you'd have to wonder how a pipe would freeze that far underground.
Thank goodness for beer, though you'd have to heat up seeing as you guys like warm beer aye ?

I don't know how they drink warm beer, well it's more like cellar temp really but they don't put the glasses in the fridge so it seems like it's warm, It don't taste right either, Yuk. :mad: :eek:

well the water is back on after about 20 hours but there is still 12,000 homes with out water, mine was back about 2:30am so all good. I seen on the news the huge holes they dug to repair the pipes, then they have got to fix the road, that will please the rush hour traffic.

1520574344_f73c1f71-f59b-491b-ad04-d5fc6be7d75c.jpg

Today just a tad warm

Jaros said:
What does the temp get to in summer? :eek:

One day it can be 17* and the next it can hit 40+ but on average it will stay in the mid 20s with the odd 30s thrown in just to mess things up. Normally it is perfect for detecting unless it rains.

J.

Yeah I think so, the thunder storms over here are not a 5th as bad as they are in Aus, If that, I have only seen a couple were half as bad as the storms in Aus,

where are you at mr R R . just wondering cos i am from the uk but been in the land downunder since 1969.

johno

texta said:
where are you at mr R R . just wondering cos i am from the uk but been in the land downunder since 1969.

johno

I'm in London mate, I have been over here for a few years on and off.

ah london , nice quiet little village on the thames. went there often as a kid . was born up north yorkshire lived in middlesbourgh and stevenage .when in stevenage not far out of london by train we used to go to london and watch the new release movies . james bond .the beatles , and so on .memories flooding back .say good day to my uncle pete or uncle leo if you bump into them will ya .

johno

Bugga, More SNOW,, It was 15* yesterday now it's about -4 and with the wind it is going to drop to around -10.

36 c here today in my shed . anything over 20 is to hot i rekon . think i am living in the wrong state .maybe one day i will be able to move to tassie the weather there would suit me much better . not so sure about the mrs though .

johno

Latest posts