How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Ridge what part of Scotland you in?

I am down in the centre London,, In Scotland they got 15cm/6" of snow yesterday and they are going to get another 30cm's today and it is going to keep falling on and off right through to Sunday, with average temps dropping to -12*c and down to about -20*c out in the country.

I was up there a while back and it dropped to -21*c and with the wind chill it was -41.8*c

John.

This was the average temps in Scotland in the last week or so, :eek: :eek:

1516352383_scotland_last_week.jpg

aussiefarmer said:
Yeah its hot but give it 2 months and we will all sook its cold :lol:

Yeah, I have done that too, when I first come here I bought my Drizabone, that worked out for the summer months but winter was an eye opener, Holy Dooley it was cold :eek:

I have an excess of cold weather gear now, none of it is rated less than -30*c and most of it is rated from -40* down to -100*c/-148*f, No way am I going to go through another winter like I did when I first came here, :Y: ;) ;)

Hey ridge, do you get out much in the cold like you've got at the moment and scratch around for relics or gold?

aussiefarmer said:
Brisbane would be humid :rolleyes: i can take the heat but it needs to be less than 40%humid

Yes the Humidity has been high, although im not too far from the coast and this time of year we get cooling SE breezes most afternoons.. :)

You fellows down south have been copping the heat this year tho... :eek:

LW....

Flowerpot said:
Hey ridge, do you get out much in the cold like you've got at the moment and scratch around for relics or gold?

Oh yeah, I draw the line once it gets down to about -12/-15 with no wind, but if the wind gets up I stay indoors, many a time I have come home with my black detecting jacket covered in white frost, but any more than that and the ground gets frozen in the top 4 to 6 inches but at leased the dirt warms ya hands.

aussiefarmer said:
My climate here goes from minus 12 frosts to 48 on a stinker , i work out in it everyday so i have from a freezer suit that they use in cold storage right through to see through budgy smugglers and thongs :lol:

What Boots do you wear when the temp drops ?

Latest posts