How rude of me

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been on the forum for a little while now and never actually took the opportunity to say g'day.

So um, g'day.

I'm currently residing in Ballarat (under duress) as the wife wanted to be closer to her family while we have two young kids.
She has promised we can go home early in the new year so until then I'm making the most of living in the golden triangle and having a bit of a go detecting. Chances are we'll be here for 10 years because who's kidding who here, she's the boss and I know it :|

I looked around for a while and decided to take a risk and try an XP Deus Vlf which will hopefully also serve a few different purposes when I move back to qld.
So far it has been a good learning curve and due to its compact and light size (less than a kilo when set up) I am able to break the whole thing down into my carry on luggage when I go away for work.

So between the goldfields down here, the beaches at home and the old homesteads around the Bundaberg region hopefully the XP will serve well.

While here in Ballarat I work a two week on, two week off roster (and no, I'm not a miner or a truck driver) with my on roster spent in Brisbane. Hopefully now I have the detector some of my two weeks off can be spent cavorting around Victoria with the Deus.

Anyway, really appreciate the forum and everyone who posts their experiences and advice. Its rare to find a like minded group as large as this where everyone is so supportive of each other.

If anyone in the Ballarat area is looking for a team member (especially during the week when most people are at work) drop me line as I'm always keen and am looking to learn as much as I can.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

Morg

Morgan, all I can say is "you are a lucky so and so. To live in the GT of Vict would be my greatest dream come true but sadly my Mrs wont move either. And we live in SA. So I have to be thankful for the annual trip that may or may not take in a gold field somewhere, so I can have a meaningful swing with the ATX. If your Mrs puts it on you to stay, then I just hope you find enough with that little VLF to catch the "fever" mate. Then maybe, you wont want to leave the GT.
Good on ya, and I hope you find what you are looking for.....the bigger the better.
Just as a postscript, I don't know if you were on the forum when loamer was giving us all the lowdown some weeks ago, but there's a thread about what to find on the goldfields.....it is excellent and I'm sure will help you as it did me when we were there a couple of months ago. All the best.

Thanks Daz, I'll definitely make the most of my time here.
The thread by Loamer is excellent and if not for reading it I think I would have walked past a lot of things and been none the wiser.

The "fever" has taken hold and all I've found so far are old coins and bullets so I can only imagine the addiction if I actually find a nugget.

I'm hopeful that the Xp Deus will perform but only time will tell.

Latest posts