how many of you have a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We recently purchased a 97 Jackaroo (Isuzu) with the 3.2 L V6 on gas. Seems to go well and is very comfy. Bit slow on step inclines but if you get run up it will chug its way to the top. We took out all of the rear seats and store our gear in 4 large plastic tubs, which is not ideal but it works OK. Biggest downfall is the fuel set up, its 100% on gas, there is no petrol tank. Little did we know when we purchased it that the range would be very limited on gas, we only get 250 K's a tank 8.( The 3.2 is a nice motor though, very smooth and is supposed to be very reliable..so far so good.

Heres a photo of 'Jack' being proudly 'modeled' by its happy owner :)

1366836298_jack.jpg

There'll be no stopping you now...next pic you post will have to have some gold bearing mud attached to it.best of luck with it ...Cheers Wal. :)

Nugget said:
Some pics of my new / old beast. Not too bad for $1800 hey :D, all it needed was a little bit of love.

Now nugget i'm not sure wether that qualifies for this thread, but seeing as how your the boss i suppose we can bend the rules just this once. :cool:

I've got a GQ Patrol TD42 bulletproof i've done a fair bit of maintenance on my truck but were over 660,000km's now

Best bit of 4by is having draws in the back with everything ready to go, i.e. tent, cooker, shover pan, wheel barrow on the roof, fishing rods you get the picture don't even know its there.

I tell you it came in handly living in brisbane over the last few years with the floods
I'd probably sleep in my truck if the missus let me :)
1368163730_photo.jpg

The turbo diesel GQ wagon or trayback was one tough truck, too much computerized crap after that. The 80 series turbo diesel was the best Toyota wagon they bought out. I'm not a fan of IFS either. :) Mick

Dogmatic said:

Nice pics Dog. Even got the colour right. I trust the snorkle is just for looks like mine. Sure hope i never need it. :cool:

Got a 99 hzj79 landcruiser ute with a 1HZ at 450,000km,s and a 83 HJ47 landcruiser ute with a 2H original 320,000 km,s no rust with aircon,i usually take the 47 to the most difficult to get areas as it has a PTO driven winch that can winch all day and not over heat any electrics and i believe its a tuffer 4X4

Mines a 05 100 series landcruiser sahara, yeah I know its a sahara 8) but it does have an ARB bar, winch and33" mickey t,s :p so its no town car

G'day

'Sir Drinksalot' my trusty steed. Love it so much I'm going to swap it for a new one :D
1368568891_photo_5.jpg

Cheers

Chimpy

Latest posts