Hill End / Tambaroora Area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is petrol (diesel) available in Hill End? I looked on the web, but nothing definite popped up.

Thanks.

Thanks Bob, we will do!

Do you know of the opening hours, just in case? (There will be a bit of 4wd going on)

Update:
Hill End Tours
Local guide offering Gold Panning, Town Tours & Cemetery/Ghost Tours
Join a local who has lived in Hill End all his life, grew up at History Hill, went to Hill End Primary School & beat around the bush on horseback as a teenager.
Call Jhob Drinkwater on 0421729955.

Gday,
A couple of things that have occurred up here that I would like to inform P.A about.

Firstly,
The shop here now has new managers. :p :p
npws have seen fit to award the lease to a local couple. The local Head Master and his partner have taken over the lease of the shop. So if you are in town please drop in and support the new local shop. The menu has changed and the pies are fantastic. Much better that the so called award winning crap that was served by the previous tenant.

Secondly, on a much sadder note, :(
Those of you that have visited The Royal may have been served by Wendi, the publicans wife. She sadly passed away earlier in the week.

Wendi was the first person that I made friends with when I came to the town 2 years ago. We used to regularly play pool after the pub shut, have a few drinks and chat. I know that many P.A members were made to feel welcome at The Royal by her. Those of you the knew her, the next time that you have a drink please raise a glass to in her memory

Bob

Ange and I send our condolences.

Ange always looked forward to chatting with Wendi and was pretty crushed when you mentioned she was ill.

The town has lost one of it's brightest pieces of gold.

Wendi was great person and a very sad loss . I had my 60th birthday party at the Royal and wendi looked after us all night free soft drinks for my grandkids all night and she played pool with us as well we had the pub too our selfs all night after tea She will be missed by all.
Roy

:flowers: condolences to the HE Publican yourself and the HE community Bob. Rural Pub's are an integral part of the community and a corner stone of the community fabric I'm sure Wendi's passing will be felt far and wide.

Hope to make a trip up in the next few years, if it works out I'll definitely check out the pies :Y:

Latest posts