Hi Guys...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all...just got back to the Illawarra after spending 10 years in the Northern Territory. Have an active interest in gold fossicking, and made a couple of trips in the last few weeks down around the Shoalhaven area. I have some spare time at the moment, and if anyone is interested going for a drive down that way for a look around, let me know. I am based at Shellharbour area. Good luck to you all, and all the best...

Thanks Guys...not a lot of luck in the NT. Got out to "Arltunga" a few times, but its an Historical Reserve that includes a fossicking area. All managed by rangers who do a great job. The good area's that surround it are all on private stations and unless you know them, its difficult to get on there. Tennant Creek is 500k away and the goldfields at Tanami are a long way as well. I trained racehorses in Alice Springs so my biggest issue was getting the time to get away. Have lots of time on my hands at least the next few months. I'm heading down to Nerriga, Oallen area next Monday for a look around, if anyone is interested. I'm based in the Shellharbour area at the moment. Cheers!

hi and welcome mate
i will see what i have on for next week there is a few of us around the area
i go down at Oallen lot but most are last min just jump in and drive days
1517463645_7.jpg

Howdy and welcome Tiger, I used to be a lifesaver in Shellharbour back in the sixties. Lived in Oak Flats till I was 16 but don't get down there anymore since the folks have passed on. I guess it would have changed somewhat in 50 odd years eh?

Hi Anol....yes, the changes are enormous. Housing develepments now reach from Shellharbour, almost right though to Princes Highway. Good luck champ!

Latest posts