hi from Southern Highlands NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi im Nathan , and live in the southern highlands of NSW .

Have always wanted a detector since was a kid , so with some money spare have finally taken the plunge ( Eureka gold) .

Hopefully can find some local areas to get out and have a scour , and love to get away in the 4x4 and travel / camp etc. so hopefully in the coming year can get out western NSW and some other far off places .
As a complete newbie I hope to gain some valuable knowledge and information here, and to make the most of getting out to play with the new detector by way of setup for the eureka and best coils etc.

Glad to be a part of what looks to be a great forum , thanks and good hunting to you all ;

Nathan

Welcome Nathan, when I was shopping for my detector I was very keen on the Eureka, especially because it has plenty of good reviews. You'll enjoy getting out there as I have and getting a crash course in geology while your at it :D

Regards Ron

Hey Nathan and welcome,

I was at the up down around your place on the weekend for my mate wedding, been their heaps but first time I've noticed how much iron stone is around the area, I'm doing some looking into it to see what kind of gold is around.

If ya keen for a scratch around the I would love to have a proper look into the area, I'm only an 1.5 hrs away.

Kuskus

Thanks for the warm welcome guys , the Eureka arrived today , was a nice surprise to get home to , so let the fun begin !!! ( and a heck of a lot of learning !!!) .

Welcome to the forum Nathan. Southern Highlands places you in some exceptionally good prospecting areas, and the Eureka will give you every chance at unearthing not only the gold but also a lot of the coins and relics that abound around the gold streams in that region.

Hope you gain much from the forum and look forward to sharing the adventure.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome Nathan I have been on the forum for a short time and in that time have learned a lot . I hope you enjoy the hobby as much as I do . And good luck.

Thanks for the welcome Wal ,
yes luckily some places not to far from home to go and get some training runs on , and learn how to get the best out of the machine before taking some trips away further afield .

definitely be learning all I can and getting out bush and hopefully making some exciting discoveries along the way .

I'd like to ask the same question, the ground looks really good around there and saw some great bed rock in a river on the weekend.

I have a gold bug pro and would love to go for a wonder with ya dirtdemo, I love that area.
But like you I'm not an expert with my detector? ;)

thanks Fossicking kid ,
still learning where all the spots round here are myself being new to the game , basically searching on the net for places where people have looked for gold and if indeed they found any over the last hundred years or so and going from there .

as well as learning to get the best out of the detector I can see a lot of time being spent on google also asking it bout areas and researching.

Places where people have prospected in the past could be private property and off limits now , so a lot of researching will come into play I guess.

Welcome to the forum Nathan, there are a few of us located around the Nowra, Milton area if you are not too far away.

Dirtdemon said:
Thanks for the welcome John , yeah im not too far away , located round Mossvale way .
Hi Nathan, Im living in Mossy as well. Just thought Id reach out and say gday. I dont have a detector, but have been watching way too many videos. Have gone down a YouTube rabbit hole. I didnt think there would be much opportunity for detecting around the highlands? How have you gone with it?

Latest posts